Senior Accounting Manager
- Washington, DC
We are working with a well-established government contractor in the DC area that is looking for a Senior Accounting Manager. This position requires the individual to be the leader of the accounting department(30+ Staff) and to work cross-functionally across the organization. They will be responsible for innovating, implementing and overseeing the following processes: financial close, accounts payable, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, billing, collections and other special projects.
They will also be responsible for helping develop new accounting best practices for processes and procedures as well as for driving other general efficiencies. This role reports directly to the VP of Finance.
- Manage and oversee core accounting functions, including financial close, financial reporting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, bank lead covenants etc.
- Manage the design and implementation of accounting and financial reporting systems, and continually assess systems to meet the company's growth needs
- Implement Accounting best practices across new and existing processes and procedures, specifically focusing on optimization and the reduction of manual processes
- Continually review accounting policies and procedures and make recommendations for improvements.
- Interact and manage external audit partners to ensure the annual audit process runs smoothly
- Review and approve monthly journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and reports
- Manage the monthly consolidation and reporting of the company’s subsidiaries
- Manage and lead the company through financial statements, internal control, and tax audits
- Implement strategies to improve accounting processes and procedures
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to support key company initiatives
- Degree in Accounting and an active CPA license is preferred
- 8+ years of professional accounting experience, in a multi-entity corporation
- Strong technical accounting skills, with a profound understanding of current US GAAP standards, and internal control procedures
- Experience in the design and implementation of new accounting systems and processes
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, professional, with people management experience
Wednesday, September 11, 2019
120,000 - 140,000