- Washington, DC
Assistant Controller – Washington, DC
We are hiring for an Assistant Controller for a Non-Profit organization located here I Washington, DC. This position will partner with the Controller and oversee the day-to-day accounting function and oversee a staff of 5, including financial reporting, treasury, fixed assets and financial planning for the organization.
They also offer a great work/life balance, competitive compensation and benefits and the chance to join a mission-driven non-profit!
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements, including the overall account analysis and reconciliation as well as the preparation of the financial statements.
- Manage/Review/Prepare monthly general ledger entries related to month end close and assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Manage accounts payable, accounts receivable and the cash receipts functions
- Lead, develop and supervise employees in accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Direct cash management operations to include daily cash administration, management of current accounts and bank relations.
- Maintain the fixed asset and associated depreciation schedules on the Sage FAS Software System; provide monthly detail for creation of general journal entries; ensure proper recording of new purchases and disposals.
- Continually monitor and review accounting and related systems for accuracy, effectiveness, efficiency and completeness.
- Assist in the preparation of the budget by analyzing trends, expenses, revenues, financial commitments and obligations incurred to predict future revenue and expenses.
- Monitor and oversee the monthly reconciliation and clearing of all the organizations’ balance sheet accounts.
- Review monthly internal/external billings through intercompany settlements between the entities.
- Assist in the preparation of the yearly audit process for the organization and Affiliates.
- Manage the timely filing of monthly and annual tax returns (Personal Property, Sales & Use, etc.).
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related
- 6+ years of progressive accounting experience; public accounting and/or non-profit experience strongly preferred
- CPA certification strongly preferred
- Software experience with Intacct or Sage a plus!
Wednesday, July 24, 2019