Senior Content Marketing Manager
- Washington, DC
Our client needs a Content Marketing Manager to execute their content strategy (blog, whitepapers, presentations, web content, bylined articles, etc) and their public relations strategy. This hands-on role combines writing, editing, editorial planning, and overseeing external contractors.
In addition, the content marketing manager plays a central role in a fast moving, highly collaborative marketing group.
Own the Editorial Content Calendar
- Develop and manage content calendar for the blog, marketing collateral, case studies, and other pieces of material
- Determine content requirements (expertise from inside or outside the organization, other pieces of information)
- Manage the ideation process with input from stakeholders across the organization
Write & Edit Compelling Content
- Monitor and respond to news and events outside the organization with quick hit blogs content
- Interview key stakeholders (including customers) and create content for use with trade and other media
- Write weekly (or more) blog posts in support of the editorial calendar
- Create or oversee the creation of various types of content used to generate leads in demand generation and account based marketing campaigns
- Work with product marketing to edit and “punch up” technical content
- Work with CMO, product marketing, and others to draft presentations and other communications materials
- Source and manage external writers for expanded capacity as needed
Manage PR Strategy
- Hone and refine our PR strategy to drive maximum effectiveness
- Guide our public relations efforts to align with our overall brand story
- Act as primary liaison to our PR firm and drive accountability for results
Leverage Content to Further Business Goals
- Work with head of demand to incorporate SEO best practices into content plans and materials
- Work with the broader marketing team to develop promotion strategies for content pieces.
- Reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer
- Key interfaces include: product marketing, demand generation, product management, public relations, graphic design, as well as the CEO and other executives.
- Is a key member of the marketing team.
- Must be an exceptional writer, editor, and storyteller
- 5+ years content marketing experience in B2B enterprise software, ideally in information security
- Ability to understand, translate and communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely
- Understand information design and how to effectively present written and other information in a digestible and compelling manner
- Ability to lead a public relations firm toward strategic execution
- Understand Search Engine Optimization and be able to incorporate SEO strategy into content development
- Ability to work fast without compromising quality
- Ability to work within and outside the organization, including with executives, product managers, technical professionals, and external writers
- Self-directed and collaborative -- ability to work autonomously and as part of a team as needed
- Proven ability to work in an extremely fast paced, highly collaborative startup environment
- Highly Desirable: Fluent in trends and technology in the cybersecurity/encryption/data protection market.
Thursday, January 31, 2019