Staff Accountant - Nonprofit
- Washington, DC
Turn2Partners is working with a growing nonprofit in DC that is looking for a Staff Accountant with 1-3 years’ worth of operational accounting experience. This role will lead the day-to-day Accounts Payable processes, support month-end close, fixed assets, grants reporting and will perform other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as requested by the Controller or the Accounting Manager.
- Review all invoices and expenses for appropriate documentation, approval, and consistency with our policies and procedures prior to payment.
- Process vendor, grant, and staff reimbursement payments in a timely and accurate manner and respond to colleague and vendor questions on the status of payments.
- Coach internal colleagues on using Expensify, our expense management system, including offering feedback on proper coding and documentation of expenses.
- Partner in system refinements and their execution to ensure first class customer service, both internally and externally.
- Participate in month-end closing activities including journal entries and other analysis.
- Reconcile and ensure accuracy of assigned general ledger accounts.
- Maintain the Fixed Asset and associated depreciation schedules.
- Maintain electronic files in accordance with our Document Retention Policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Maintain vendor, grantee, and staff data in the expense reporting, general ledger, and contracts/grants cloud-based systems.
- Assist with preparation of the annual Form 1099, Form 990, and audit processes.
- Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as requested by the Controller or the Accounting Manager.
Tuesday, September 10, 2019
55,000 - 65,000