Heavy Equipment Mechanic Job Description
Do you love mining? Do you think differently? Are you ready to define the future of this industry?
We’ve been waiting for you! Turner Mining Group is committed to changing the way mining companies do business. We develop our people. We partner with our clients. We believe in win, win, win.
We are looking for a dynamic and talented professional to fill a Heavy Equipment Mechanic role at our fast-growing, forward thinking mining services company.
Turner Mining Group is seeking an energetic professional who can leverage their Heavy Equipment knowledge to expand upon our fast-growing business, creating best practices for systems and scalable business processes to ensure profitable operations. This person will function as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic, willingness to do, learn, perform and improve any maintenance task. Tasks will be defined and evolve in all areas of mining operations to ensure preventative maintenance is practiced, repairs, equipment runs in the area of responsibility. You will report to and work with the Project Superintendent to develop heavy equipment procedures that will ensure safe operations. This is an opportunity to work as part of the operations team in a safe, productive, and fun environment.
You want to work for a services company that is rapidly changing the way the largest materials producers do business. You are motivated by solving problems and partnering with our clients and suppliers. You want to work with great people and enjoy being a part of a strong team. You are a knowledgeable Heavy Equipment Mechanic professional who is not afraid to jump into every detail. You want to be in a place where continuous learning and growth is the norm. You are adaptable and able to juggle multiple initiatives concurrently.
Essential Skills & Knowledge
• Follow a consistent and regular schedule to perform various types of maintenance on heavy equipment and various pieces of machinery
• Perform repairs on equipment using tools, machine tools and measuring instruments
• Diagnose and troubleshoot fuel systems, electrical systems, hydraulic systems and propane systems
• Conduct oil changes, lubrication of equipment, tire replacements, hose repairs, battery replacements and assorted services
• Recondition and replace parts of the heavy equipment
• Operate and test equipment
• Diagnoses problem areas for any significant wear or tear on the equipment
• Produce detailed service reports and repair logs
• Follow all established procedures and protocols
• Build positive relationships with internal and external teams
• Perform additional duties as assigned
Turner Mining Group offers a competitive salary, an excellent work culture, career advancement opportunities. Our team offers a benefits program which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and a 401k with company match. We believe in a work life balance and established paid time off for major holidays.
At Turner Mining Group, we encourage and celebrate an inclusive environment for all employees and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer.