Head of Project Management, Future of Work
- San Francisco, CA, United States
Why apply through Turning Basin Labs (TBL)?
Why we recruit for and support Path Group:
- Diverse employee base, getting more diverse
- Committed to improving the lives of working people
About the Head of Project Management opportunity:
This role will be a crucial part of Path Group’s leadership and delivery of our Bay Area workforce development projects. One of our core clients has engaged Path Group to take a systems and human centered approach to designing and building a user feedback platform that can help improve workforce training through increased data transparency and the creation of market signals for the benefit of workers and employers.
This role will help manage existing projects such as this, as well as help bring new work into the business from cross-sector clients. To succeed, you will be nimble and adaptive; drive high quality project management and deliverables; recognise opportunities and know how to realise them; and understand the value of engaging people from a diverse set of backgrounds and partnering to achieve aims.
You will be joining Path Group to develop, deliver and oversee Project Management across the business. You will take over a series of activities and develop a close working relationship with our core clients, in addition to leading how Path sets up and runs projects. You will be accountable for driving and coordinating Project Management. This will include collaborating with the Development lead as projects come online, needs identification for new projects, setting the project up effectively and ensuring effective management through to project close down, and such things as:
- Supporting the process to sell work that is effectively scoped, and can be delivered within budget, scope and quality
- Ensuring effective handover from the sales process to the project management environment
- Setting up effective project management environment for each project - such as a project plan, project initiation document, stakeholder map, risk and issue log, deliverable breakdown, change control forms, and a contract for works
- Regular project management meetings to manage projects strategically with clients and stakeholders, and more frequent meetings for operational delivery.
- Driving project delivery through clear deliverable setting, managing milestone delivery, keeping abreast of client needs and recalibration of scope where required.
- Managing project communications and stakeholder engagement - developing materials, organisations events and overseeing quality.
- Performance will be understood by metrics such as win rate, the value of the proposal pipeline value and the average time spent to realise an opportunity, but you will also develop our management intelligence to best manage this function.
- Overseeing effective close down of projects (lessons learnt, case study, client feedback, etc).
- You will represent Path Group externally, to media, clients and partners, etc, where required.
- This role will be central in steering Path Group’s brand with the market segments in which we do business. You will input into determining Path Group’s website and social media channels. Alongside generating content this will involve commissioning and curating content for these channels from Path Groups work and staff with consistent presentation and voice.
- Other duties where assigned
Experience and skills:
- 6+ years of experience. Prior line management experience is required.
- A deep understanding of project management, workforce systems, and a passion for driving innovation at the intersection of public, private and social sectors is welcome. Experience of developing programmes that address work, labor market and workforce development challenges; or experience of a people-centric initiatives will be advantageous.
- First-class communicator and superb oral, written and visual communication.
- Has successfully organised events, conferences, round tables.
- Writing blogs and articles will be second nature.
- Possess fluency in Adobe, Prezi and other tools to communicate ideas and work.
- Understand and value the importance of human connection. You are adept at building relationships and helping clients to explore/solve the known and unknown challenges.
- Experience of managing teams and client relationships across backgrounds and comfort dealing with technical experts, people with lived experience of social issues, corporate leaders and government officials.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently in high pressure situations and able to deliver quality output to tight timelines.
Path are particularly interested in hearing from people who have been affected by social issues and are now interested in addressing them as well as people with prior experience of working on employment policies or programs.
Equal Employment Opportunities at TBL
TBL is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all roles.
Saturday, August 3, 2019
$40.00 / hr