TurningPoint Global Solutions
- Rockville, MD
TurningPoint seeks a highly motivated, skilled proposal manager to join our growing capture and proposal organization. We work as a team to develop and deliver highly engaging, informative, and ultimately winning proposals and other business collateral. We’re looking for someone who understands information technology (IT) and can convey complex technological solutions in an understandable way. Experience with healthcare-related IT solutions is preferred. If this sounds like you, we invite you to apply today.
Work collaboratively with the capture and proposal, business development, program delivery, solutions, and partner teams, if any, to respond to requests for proposal (RFPs), requests for quotes (RFQs), requests for information (RFIs), presentations, and other written corporate collateral, including the following tasks:
- Develop high-quality, opportunity-specific response documents with competitive and compelling win themes and technical approaches that satisfy client business goals.
- Actively lead the response team throughout the response period, including
- plan, organize, and analyze requirements;
- develop response plan ( to include compliance checklist, response outline, template, and schedule);
- conduct kick-off and regular status meetings, as well as solution and win theme sessions, as required;
- coordinate collection and submission of questions;
- manage and work with pursuit team to develop response sections, including taking responsibility for developing content, as appropriate;
- lead in-process reviews;
- coordinate with solution and pricing teams to ensure harmony between technical and business volumes;
- Schedule and conduct color reviews, facilitating/encouraging active participation by reviewers for all proposal sections, and inputting feedback into recovery document(s);
- edit in accordance with corporate standards and conduct quality and compliance checks throughout;
- ensure version control;
- maintain proposal schedule;
- manages graphics and production; and
- ensure on-time delivery of a fully compliant and compelling response.
- Follow Shipley proposal management constructs, as applicable
- Write sections, as appropriate, that reflect TurningPoint’s expertise and experience, interviewing corporate sources and/or reviewing existing collateral, as needed, to enable a thorough understanding to be conveyed.
- Develop a clear understanding of TurningPoint’s corporate qualifications and past performances so they can be properly infused into proposal text.
- Translate win strategies into key themes and ensure they are highlighted through the use of benefits statements, graphics, and/or proofs.
- Work with response team to develop innovative solutions that respond to client challenges and create a distinctive competitive advantage.
- Develop and maintain qualification materials, including project profiles, experience matrices/overviews, capability statements, etc. Collaborate with operations to capture and develop performance proofs and client testimonials.
- Ensure that all developed materials comply with corporate branding guidelines and confidentiality requirements.
- Maintain proposal documentation in the online corporate repository.
- May manage multiple proposals simultaneously
- Create a positive work environment, demonstrate a professional attitude, and meet established goals and responsibilities while working in collaboration with colleagues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, communications, public relations, or related
- A minimum of 5 years proven successful experience managing, writing, and coordinating federal government proposals of moderate to high complexity
- Ability to learn and translate IT concepts in a compelling way (prior experience in a software development, infrastructure, or other IT field is a bonus)
- Detail oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills
- Ability to effectively balance multiple priorities
- The ability to use standard English writing styles and structures to write proposal sections; this includes the ability to research and synthesize information from multiple sources (subject matter experts, previous proposals, publicly available materials) into a cohesive, easy-to-read, and persuasive final product
- Experience working with proposal teams in a dynamic, fast-paced environment supporting critical business development activities
- Demonstrated proficiency with web-based tools and Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Working knowledge in the use of desktop publishing software such as Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent interviewing, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within a group with 'team spirit' as well as be independently motivated with minimal supervision
- Ability to work non-standard hours when necessary for the timely completion of proposal activities
Tuesday, August 3, 2021