Mobile SDK Engineer
- Boston, MA
This client provides a mobile engagement platform for many of the world’s top app publishers including ESPN, Grindr, Periscope, and HBO. Our customers rely on us to keep their mobile users happy and engaged. We provide tools to drive great app experiences including push messaging, mobile analytics, predictive analytics, and individualized in-app experiences.
Our SDKs have been installed on over two billion devices. If you're the kind of person who combs through WWDC sessions and Google I/O videos, or dives head-first into system frameworks or third-party libraries, you'll be in good company.
This position is on the SDK Team - as an SDK engineer you'll work closely with backend and frontend engineers on enabling the latest in mobile engagement features, powered by machine learning and petabytes of analytics data. This position is unique in the ability to work deeply on iOS and Android with ample opportunity to branch out to technologies like React.js or Scala.
- Design and develop new features for mobile SDKs on Android, iOS, tvOS, and Web
- Be a player+coach with expertise in mobile engineering to provide guidance during code, design, and architecture reviews
- Design and implement Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment systems for SDK
- Work with Product Managers to identify new product opportunities, define project timelines and specify new features
- Work with Support & Services teams to patch bugs, update documentation and troubleshoot customer issues.
- Execute on full-stack feature development by working with backend systems and data warehouses
- 5+ total years experience in software engineering, preferably in application development
- 3+ years experience specifically developing and shipping native mobile apps or frameworks on Android and/or iOS
- Experience with system frameworks like Core Graphics or Core Animation *OR* experience with low-level Android APIs like the support libraries
- Expertise in Java, Objective-C, C, or C++
- Strong technical skills and fundamentals like data structures and algorithms
- A demonstrated curiosity for learning new languages and platforms
Nice to Have:
- Contributions to open source projects
- Experience with Agile / Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience developing public-facing APIs
- Desire to expand skillset into scalable backend systems or web technologies like React.js
Our clients are equal employment opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
ONLY CANDIDATES CURRENTLY LIVING IN OR WILLING TO RELOCATE TO BOSTON PLEASE. UNFORTUNATELY, SPONSORSHIP OF ANY KIND IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
Wednesday, August 8, 2018