Founding Technical Architect
- Boston, MA
Are you the consummate techie/entrepreneur? Do you love to design architecture and code but can also lead others and translate complex requirements into functional architecture? Are you in a job that doesn't challenge you, and you are looking for the next big thing?
Regardless of the reason, if you are looking to be part of a founding team, something that makes you excited to get up every day, that has very high upside, splashed with a decent amount of risk (we are a startup) then maybe this opportunity is for you.
Our client, is a soon to be funded Boston startup creating a digital solution that has the potential to dramatically disrupt traditional B2B and B2C digital marketing with a platform that democratizes social media by creating a fusion between trends, influencers, and brands.
As a Technical Architect, you will be entrusted to innovate and constantly improve our products to deliver a platform and experience our customers love to use. You will solve complex business and scalability problems and help define the direction of the product as well as define and work across the entire technology ecosystem building back-end services and APIs with leading social platforms and services.
- 6+ years of commercial software development, and its associated lifecycle
- Comprehensive knowledge of AWS services and microservice architectures
- Experience building consumer-facing applications in a SaaS or product-based company, specializing in back-end development
- Experience with contemporary frameworks, build tools, and testing tools
- A drive to build scalable and performant applications -- you know that just because a query returns the results you need, it may not be the most efficient approach
- An interest in exchanging ideas around building robust, secure, maintainable software
- Comfort providing and receiving feedback on implementation ideas
- Thoughtful opinions about efficient and secure deployment practices
- Collaborate with the Management, Product Management, and future engineering team members to design, develop, and publish software supporting a highly available, fault-tolerant SaaS platform.
- Produce high quality and well-documented code in an automated CI/CD and Test environment.
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of an Agile/Scrum team.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new product objectives with end-to-end responsibility for your team’s goals.
- Obsess over QUALITY in the product you create, and the code you write.
- Mentor junior members of the team to help them develop into world-class software engineers.
- Have the opportunity to contribute to a game-changing SaaS business, become an expert in Cloud Computing, learn and work with technologies such as Java/Scala/Ruby.
- Develop and foster a DevOps mentality (or experience) taking full ownership for your features from inception to deployment and beyond, automating as much as possible along the way.
- Contribute to relevant open source projects.
- A sense of humor (Non-negotiable). We work too hard to not have fun and celebrate individual/team/company accomplishments.
- Strong programming knowledge; you could or have thrived in a polyglot environment. If you’re interested in learning, we’re interested in teaching you.
- Affection towards true agile development delivery and understand its importance to creating the most effective product.
- An understanding of team and individual goals; motivation to accomplish them.
- A desire to work in an environment where you will both teach and be taught.
- Proficient with:
→ Python, Java or Scala
→ AWS Services (S3, EC2, Lambda)
→ Microservices architecture preferably in leading cloud environments (e.g. AWS).
Our clients are equal opportunity employers and value diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wednesday, January 13, 2021
$145000 - $180,000