Platform Engineer - Smart Home/IoT
- Boston, MA
Our clients' mission is to redefine the home experience through intelligently designed products and services delivered to every home by people who care.
They are a leading provider of smart home services in North America delivering an integrated smart home system with consultation, professional installation, as well as 24-7 customer care and monitoring. Serving more than one million customers throughout the U.S. and Canada this company is a certified Great Place to Work and was recently voted one of Fast Company’s World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies.
Inside their new Boston-based Innovation Center, they are looking for a Software Engineer to help develop the cloud-based infrastructure powering one of the largest IoT smart home platforms in North America.
- Work closely with the other teams like mobile apps and embedded devices that integrate with the platform/backend
- Work in a fast-paced, self-directed, agile environment
- Research and evaluate new technologies and tools
- Participate in re-occurring “Innovation Days” and work on innovative projects of your choice
- Work on cool stuff that you actually get to use in your own home
- Create systems to handle lots of data from sensors, cameras, and user actions
- 3+ years of experience
- Experience with well-known design patterns
- Experience with queuing, caching, persistence, performance, and concurrency techniques
- Experience building scalable, high-availability, low latency, and distributed solutions
- Experience developing RESTful web services
- Experience with any of the following technologies is a plus: Python, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Redis, Go, C/C++, Networking, Datacenter monitoring, AWS, Security and data privacy, PaaS, SaaS, Docker, Microservices, and Video
- Ability to create services with high uptimes and reliability
- Free catered lunch/snacks/drinks; new menu daily
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time away
- Your choice between Mac or PC
- Employee pricing on smart home products
- Casual dress code
- Onsite gym
- Onsite health clinic
- Medical/dental/vision/life coverage
This client is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wednesday, January 9, 2019
$150,000 - 175,000.00