Site Reliability Engineer
- Remote, USA
Our clients mission is to make data scientists and software engineers immediately productive by removing obstacles to using data, and to making that data more accessible.
They are building a shareable cloud database where users can share their data with anyone in seconds just like a Google doc, query their data without worrying about compute or memory, and combine their data with a growing collection of immediately use-able open data.
As a Site Reliability Engineer you'll run & improve their production platform, as well as:
- Work across the stack on all aspects of the core product
- Collaborate directly with all teammates on a small, productive technology team
- Solve petabyte-scale problems in the data space
- Design, build, test and deploy a complex data management system
- Make broad, impactful technology decisions with responsibility for their outcomes
- Develop key SLOs for the production system and own delivering those SLOs
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Ran production systems that dealt with large amounts of structured data
- Experience and passion in data, data engineering, and data processing
- A strong drive to make software easy-to-use
The ideal SRE candidate will have:
- Expertise in Python
- Expertise in Kubernetes and associated technologies
- Ran and debugged microservices and container technologies
- A strong desire to constantly improve the iteration speed of the company as a whole through automation & systems engineering
In addition to competitive salary, equity, bonus, and benefits (including top-tier insurance, generous new-parent leave, and unlimited PTO), they do two unique things:
- In order to be inclusive and to counter systemic hiring inequities, salary and equity is transparent and not negotiated -- every employee with the same role and level is paid exactly the same.
- They have 4-day x 8-hour work weeks (i.e., no Fridays) -- really valuing work-life balance while staying productive.
Our clients are equal opportunity employers and value diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wednesday, July 14, 2021