Senior Backend Engineer
- Remote, USA
Our clients' mission is to make data scientists and software engineers immediately productive, to remove obstacles to using data, and to make data more accessible to the masses. They are building a shareable cloud database where users can share their data with anyone in seconds just like a Google doc, query their data without worrying about compute or memory, and combine their data with a growing collection of immediately use-able open data.
You will build a datastore that (1) scales to petabyte queries while still enabling fast query-iteration by users, and (2) applies data best practices while remaining flexible when opinionated defaults aren’t enough.
As a Software Engineer here you will:
- Work across the stack on all aspects of software engineering for the core product
- Collaborate directly with all teammates on a small, productive technology team
- Solve petabyte-scale problems in the data space
- Design, build, test, and deploy a complex data management system
- Make broad, impactful technology decisions with responsibility for their outcomes
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Shipped product
- Experience and passion in data, data engineering, and data processing
- Deep knowledge in data management - parsing, cleaning, querying, extracting, etc.
- A strong drive to make software easy-to-use
The ideal backend engineering candidate will have:
- Expertise in Python and SQL
- Constructed APIs with technology like REST, OpenAPI, or gRPC
- Developed with microservices and container technologies like Docker & Kubernetes
- High proficiency in building data processing pipelines, working with structured data, and leveraging common database technologies
In addition to competitive salary, equity, bonus, and benefits (including top-tier insurance, generous new-parent leave, and unlimited PTO), they do two unique things:
- In order to be inclusive and to counter systemic hiring inequities, salary and equity is transparent and not negotiated -- every employee with the same role and level is paid exactly the same.
- They have 4-day x 8-hour work weeks (i.e., no Fridays) -- really valuing work-life balance while staying productive.
Our clients are equal opportunity employers and value diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Monday, October 18, 2021