Cloud Data Engineer - Health and Wellness / Connected Devices
- Allston, MA
Our client is looking for a top-notch Cloud Data Engineer with a strong ability to architect and build data processing architectures. This is a brand new division being built inside of a major brand. focusing on Health and Wellness solutions operating as an R&D Lab creating new connected devices.
If you think that sounds like a good fit for your skills, read on!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a key member of the Wellness Cloud Team you will be responsible for designing and developing our data storage and processing services to power our next generation devices and user experiences
- Build tools for querying and analyzing data sets
- Design and implement scalable time-series data storage infrastructures
- Architect and implement services that can process high throughput data streams and batches
- Perform system optimizations while identifying system performance bottlenecks
- Quickly triage and analyze complex performance and operational problems
- Build restful micro-services for a variety of requirements
- Stay up to date on the state-of-the-art and make sure we are using the greatest and latest technologies
- The ideal candidate has strong data systems and microservices development experience and has worked with modern big data and machine learning platforms, cloud deployment models and test-driven development in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Production experience in large-scale NoSQL data infrastructures such as Cassandra, MongoDB, CouchDB, HBase, DynamoDB, etc.
- Application experience with SQL databases such as PostgreSQL, SQLite, Amazon RDS, etc.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure (AWS preferred)
- Experience designing and building APIs, especially using Swagger (Open API)
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical domain
- 6+ years experience in software development
Our clients are equal employment opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
ONLY CANDIDATES CURRENTLY LIVING IN OR WILLING TO RELOCATE TO BOSTON PLEASE. UNFORTUNATELY, SPONSORSHIP OF ANY KIND IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
Monday, February 18, 2019