Platform Software Engineer - .NET / IoT
- Boston, MA, United States
Want to join a company that is changing the way cities work and providing clean-water solutions to their residents?
Our client, a technology company focused on monitoring and control of stormwater infrastructure, is seeking a full-time Software Engineer to join their R&D team in Boston.
They are a small, multidisciplinary team of engineers working to scale a next-generation, internet-of-things-based, real-time environmental management. Private entities and management authorities use this technology to automate water storage releases across watersheds, reducing flood risk, erosion, and preventing pollution more quickly and cost-effectively than traditional alternatives.
Behind the scenes are Azure-hosted cloud services, a browser application, and IoT devices that they build, operate, and maintain. They are looking for a seasoned contributor to be the 5th full-time developer on their team.
Specific activities this role will take part in include:
- Expanding the capabilities of our data analytics services to support our new line of multi-site coordination solutions.
- Migrating our existing .Net Framework-based services to .Net Core.
- Upgrading Azure Cloud Services-hosted applications to a container-based hosting provider that allows us to improve our bottom line via greater service density.
- Improving test coverage and product definition validation in response to identified issues.
- Supporting deployed production services, including creating reproductions and hotfixes as the team requires.
You Must Have:
- 3+ years of experience developing and supporting Azure-hosted .Net applications (Azure Service Bus Queues or Topics, Azure Event Hub, RabbitMQ, Kafka, or a comparable messaging service broker).
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science, physics, math, chemistry, biology, engineering, music composition, linguistics, or a related discipline.
- Understanding of SOLID principles and asynchronous patterns.
- Experience writing and maintaining automated unit tests.
- Experience with the Git source control versioning system.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a small, distributed software development team.
Nice to have:
- Understanding of service-oriented concepts including contract-based programming and strategies for scaling; experience with distributed application frameworks such as Akka, Orleans, Service Fabric Actors, Mass Transit, or similar.
- Experience with document or graph databases.
- Comfort around scientific and engineering concepts such as basic statistical analysis and time-series visualization.
- Experience with geospatial data formats.
Current Benefits Summary:
- Bonus opportunity based on individual and company performance against goals
- Stock options (awarded to full-time employees)
- 3 weeks of vacation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO/HMO health coverage
- Delta Dental coverage
- 401(K) - voluntary contributions
Our clients are equal opportunity employers and value diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Monday, October 19, 2020
$120,000 - 140,000