Software Engineer - Ed-Tech
- Cambridge, MA
Our client was created to transform teaching and learning at one of the most distinguished University's' around the globe through the innovative use of digital technologies
Their Engineering Department at is looking for a software engineer to join a small but team with big ambitions to redefine the use of technology in teaching and learning throughout the world.
- Develop scalable tools and applications with flexible APIs
- Advance best practices with the engineering team through participation in architecture, technical design, and code reviews
- Part of a team responsible for enhancing and maintaining their current applications while creating the next generation of solutions.
- Develop enhancements for MITx, the MIT instance of Open edX used for residential teaching and learning.
- Work closely with, brainstorm ideas and incorporate feedback from, the engineering team, a top-tier community of developers, teachers learners, Open edX community and open source community at large.
- Fix bugs and solve problems, write documentation and automated tests
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or related technical field (or equivalent work experience)
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack
- Proficiency in creating web applications in one or more frameworks: Django, Rails, NodeJS, J2EE , etc.
- Strong knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Comfortable with Unix/Linux as a development environment.
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with source code control systems like GIT, Subversion, Mercurial.
- Familiarity with modern DevOps tools, like Vagrant, Puppet, Ansible, Docker etc.
- Github profile or link to open source work
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle and interactive methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills
Our clients are equal employment opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
ONLY CANDIDATES CURRENTLY LIVING IN OR WILLING TO RELOCATE TO BOSTON PLEASE. UNFORTUNATELY, SPONSORSHIP OF ANY KIND IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
Monday, January 13, 2020