Principal Software Engineer
- Remote, USA
Our customer is building the future of digital collectibles with some of the most beloved brands in the world. With the rise of digital collectibles in the form of Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) on the blockchain the concept of owning, selling, and trading unique digital items is real and rapidly expanding. The market tripled to $250 million in 2020 and continues to break out in 2021.
Founded by leaders of top licensing companies, with thousands of clients including Disney, Warner Brothers, Hasbro, Chevrolet, and more, this client is building an NFT platform from the ground up. A system allowing these high-profile companies access to this 21st-century asset class where they can build even deeper connections with their fan base.
You will be a member of the founding engineering team and will have a significant influence on the technologies used and how software is built.
What you will do:
- Architect and code everything from small components to big systems
- Drive decisions on what technologies we use and the software practices we adopt
- Be a technical lead on small to large-sized projects
- Work on a small agile team of software engineers and product managers
- Coach less experienced teammates to become better software engineers
- Set an example and define our standards for how we code and deliver our software
- Help us grow our team of talented software engineers
- You have 8+ years of experience developing software
- You have experience building and deploying software in the cloud, preferably AWS
- You have built and maintained highly scalable and reliable internet applications or platforms accessed by hundreds of thousands of users on a daily basis
- You have designed and maintained highly transactional databases that store lots of data and handle heavy loads
- You are an experienced technical lead, that can direct and guide a team of engineers through building platforms/products and solving big, complex, open-ended problems
- You have experience building and maintaining e-commerce, payment, auction, trading platforms, or similar where security and keeping customer funds safe is imperative
- You know how to break down a big, complex problem into smaller components and coordinate your team to iteratively deliver high-quality software
- You have a passion for testing your code through unit testing and automation
- You strive to be a productive engineer and use the latest tools and techniques to achieve this goal
- You have experience building applications with node.js, preferably as serverless services
- You have an interest in blockchain, cryptocurrency, and NFTs
Our clients are equal opportunity employers and value diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Thursday, May 6, 2021