Upbound At Work
- Ann Arbor, MI
We have openings in Assembly for their best-in-class manufacturing operations in Ann Arbor. If you seek temporary, full-time employment, this could be a great opportunity for you.
About the company
we design, develop, and manufactures cutting-edge products for military and law enforcement, home defense, and hunting. Our products include best-in-class optic sights and scopes for sporting goods and more.
About the Job
In this job, you will:
- Perform routine preventative maintenance as outlined in company policies and/or work instructions.
- Conduct visual quality inspections; inform supervisory staff of deviations or fallouts as needed.
- Follow pre-established methods and procedures in conjunction with producing a quality sight.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety procedures.
- Perform basic recordkeeping duties for production and quality control reporting.
- Perform duties at various stations during the assembly process as required by production need; may require change in shift or physical location within the plant.
- Perform job duties in a manner that maintains compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
To do this job well, you:
- Must work with safety glasses and/or goggles.
- Have the ability to work with small parts; requires frequent use of hands and fingers.
- Have the ability to read and execute written instructions.
- Have the ability to work in an environment containing low levels of solvents and adhesives.
- Have excellent hand and eye coordination required.
- Have strong attention to detail; ability to work with precision.
- Have demonstrated ability working in a team environment.
- Have basic familiarity with assembly and measuring tools, interpreting visual aids performing simple shop math.
- Have the ability to add and subtract two digit numbers on a number line and understand how to calculate American weights, measurement, volume, and distance.
- Have the ability to work to the priorities of safety, quality and productivity.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED (required).
- 2+ years manufacturing experience (preferred, but not required).