Upbound At Work
- Canton, MI
Nature and Scope:
Under Supervision, perform line tech duties. An Entry Level to Level One operator must be able to run a Laser Cell. Operator must be aware of safety procedures and lockout/tag out. Operator must be able to inspect part correct according to inspection procedures. They must be able to fill out production tags and fill out all production related forms. Which includes hourly parts ran, down time, Issues not allowing an efficient run. Entry Level to Level One techs as well as all level operators are required to maintain an efficiency rate of 85%.
- Under supervision you must be able to run a Laser cell per required job target.
- A Laser Entry Level to Level One operator will be able to execute all production and quality procedures. Must be able to inspect part in Gauge, understand the customer packing requirements. You must be able to fill out tags properly.
- A Laser operator should always maintain a clean working environment. 5S the cell. There should not be hand prints on guarding, all garbage must be picked up. True Control 1000 screen will be clean. Robot panels should not have any debris on top of cabinet.
- Safety First: When an operator sees a potential hazard he needs to bring these items to the production supervisor. Lockout/ Tagout.
Laser Operator Entry Level to Level One Accountabilities:
- Laser Operators must be able to run target numbers with minimum issues.
- Laser Operators work with Production Supervisor to maintain production schedule and job changes.
- Maintain and 5S line.
- Laser Operators will assist with all job changes and organize his/her area for a production run. Understand Plex to make labels.
- Understand how to check the ceramic tip for damages.
- Understand counters workpiece, how to reset, and correct counter out of order values
- Laser Operators will conduct a daily PM and understand Plex to make labels.
Education: High School Diploma
Experience: No experience is required for Entry Level. Will take 12 months from time hired in to get to a Level One Laser operator.
To advance from a Level One to level Two tech you must:
a.) Pass Level One hands on test.
b.) Pass the 5S audit for the period of time running line.
c.) Understands and executes lock out tag out.
d.) Pass quality inspection test.