Senior Robotics Project Manager
Ventech Search Group
- Detroit, MI
Senior Robotics Project Manager
Our client seeks a detail-oriented and results-driven Senior Project Manager with experience managing technically complex projects involving the deployment of products/systems at customer sites.
This role will lead deployment projects, coordinating activities with the site lead/management, deployment, engineering, and support teams. The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for establishing and reporting the status of site deployment activities and for issue resolution and problem-solving.
The Senior Project Manager is a hands-on role with direct involvement in all aspects of deploying autonomous solutions. This position is highly visible and interacts with all levels across the company and will be responsible for leading continuous improvement efforts internally and externally by devising new processes and mentoring/training new hires.
The Senior Project Manager is a hands-on, highly visible role directly involved in all aspects of deploying autonomous solutions. Interacting across all levels of the company, The Senior Project Manager will have responsibility for leading continuous improvement efforts internally and externally by devising new processes and mentoring/training new hires. The ideal candidate will be excited about automation with a proven track record of excellence. They will take pride in deploying automated systems from the initial project kickoff to achieving fully autonomous operations.
The Senior Project Manager position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to articulate project information to any level within the company clearly. Good negotiation and relationship skills are also required to direct a technical team and manage and reach solutions among competing priorities.
Based in the Detroit, MI area, this is a fulltime, salaried role reporting to the Vice President of Deployment.
In this role you will:
- Plan and manage client-facing automation solutions, overseeing all aspects of the product deployment in a complex environment.
- Participate in scoping visits to client sites.
- Define project scope and gather requirements together with the customer.
- Develop and track project plans, monitor progress to assure deadlines, standards, and cost targets are met.
- Facilitate regular communication of status to teams and senior management.
- Track key metrics for the project and identify lessons learned for future projects.
- Foster a culture focused on transparency, speed of decision-making, and a synchronized partnership within teams and stakeholders.
- Facilitate the resolution of issues, risks, and challenges that surface in the deployment processes.
- Lean-focused, continual improvement of new standards, processes and procedures that streamline interactions and communication across teams.
- Ability to identify gaps in execution and assist with internal process development that enhance overall flow of the project.
- Mentor/train new hires on day-to-day project management activities and best practices.
- Domestic and international travel will be required.
What we are looking for:
- 7+ years of project management experience with the ability to thrive in complex, customer facing roles to deploy technical products and solutions
- Proven track record handling multiple concurrent projects
- Automated material handling experience in distribution center and/or automotive sector strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering required; Master’s degree preferred
- Project management qualification required
- Demonstrated experience facilitating dynamic meetings and coordinating among high energy participants to direct toward productive results
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a willingness to adapt to change and proceed on decisions made with varying levels of uncertainty
- Experience using metrics and data analysis to support and drive beneficial process improvements
- Exceptional cross-functional communication and negotiation skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience with hardware engineering strongly preferred
- PMP certification a plus
- Six Sigma certification a plus