Senior Engineer, Mechanical Project/Design and Development
Ventura Solutions LLC
- Barrington, IL
Title: Senior Engineer, Mechanical Project/Design and Development
Location: Barrington, IL
Status: Direct-hire (Permanent)
- Our peristaltic pumps, tubing, sensors, and single-use components are used by leading biopharma companies around the globe in the research and development of new drugs and therapeutics - such as lifesaving mRNA vaccines used to battle Covid19.
- As an engineering professional, your passion is developing world-class electro-mechanical products with advanced UX and connectivity... but you demand more... to be an integral member of a nimble and resourceful technical team where your efforts directly impact and improve the lives of people the world over.
- Researches, develops, and brings to production new and improved products for global sale.
- Works closely with Project leaders, Outside Vendors, and Project Management to accurately scope and deliver finished products.
- The Mechanical Product Design Engineer completes designs for existing products and new product introductions.
- This role provides technical support for customer-facing teams to help support inquiries and investigations.
- Design and develop cost-effective, manufacturable parts and assemblies that meet engineering and marketing specifications.
- Design, construct, and test feasibility models, prototypes, and special test fixtures, as necessary for proof-of-principle and design verification.
- Create 3D models and detailed drawings using Solidworks CAD while adhering to best practices for managing product data files.
- Perform engineering analysis to ensure parts and assemblies will meet the need of intended applications with adequate performance margins.
- Investigate problems, determine root causes, and design permanent solutions, implementing them within the established EC process.
- Prepare reports and other written documentation to communicate findings to others.
- Communicate and interface within a cross-functional team to achieve product realization, from initial concept through to release for manufacture.
- Keep abreast of technological advances in mechanical engineering, both generally and those with potential applicability to pump and other fluid handling products.
- Apply current techniques and tools to improve design time, cost, reliability, and functionality.
- Assist other departments in the resolution of design-related problems that arise during production.
- Manage 3rd Party Vendors assisting with development efforts.
- Provide mechanical engineering expertise to Purchasing to assist in the procurement of mechanical components.
- Fulfill responsibilities under ISO 9001 and 14001; understand and fully support the ISO system.
- On small scale programs serve as Project Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering (ABET accredited university)
- minimum of 6 years of current or recent experience in mechanical product design
- High-volume product design experience.
- Solid understanding of engineering mechanics, machine design, materials, geometric tolerancing, fabrication processes, and electronics packaging.
- Solid modeling CAD experience (Solidworks a plus).
- Finite Element Analysis and/or dynamic simulation software experience.
- Design for Assembly, Design for Manufacturing (DFA/DFM).
- Project Management skills including the ability to create and update GANTT, Risk, and RACI documents.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, efficiently works under pressure, within deadlines or other time essential constraints
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly and concisely communicate to all levels of the organization
- Strong work ethic and an ability to excel within a rapidly changing and growing organization
Thursday, March 10, 2022