Senior Mechanical Engineer
Ventura Solutions LLC
- Barrington, IL
We are recruiting for this exciting direct hire Senior Mechanical Engineer position for one of our top clients! Please apply if you are interested!
Researches, develops and brings to production new and improved products for global sale. Works closely with Project leaders, Outside Vendors, and Project Management to accurately scope and deliver finished products. The Sr Mechanical Product Development Engineer completes designs for existing products and new product introductions. This role provides technical support for customer-facing teams to help support inquiries and investigations.
- Design and develop cost effective, manufacturable parts and assemblies that meet engineering and marketing specifications.
- Design, construct, and test feasibility models, prototypes and special test fixtures, as necessary for proof-of-principle and design verification.
- Create 3D models and detailed drawings using Solidworks CAD while adhering to best practices for managing product data files.
- Perform engineering analysis to ensure parts and assemblies will meet the need of intended applications with adequate performance margins.
- Investigate problems, determine root causes, and design permanent solutions, implementing them within the established EC process.
- Prepare reports and other written documentation to communicate findings to others.
- Communicate and interface within cross-functional team to achieve product realization, from initial concept through to release for manufacture.
- Keep abreast of technological advances in mechanical engineering, both generally and those with potential applicability to pump and other fluid handling products.
- Apply current techniques and tools to improve design time, cost, reliability and functionality.
- Assist other departments in the resolution of design related problems that arise during production.
- Manage 3rd Party Vendors assisting with development efforts.
- Provide mechanical engineering expertise to Purchasing to assist in the procurement of mechanical components.
- Fulfill responsibilities under ISO 9001 and 14001; understand and fully support ISO system.
- On small scale programs serve as Project Manager following Development Procedure.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering (ABET accredited university)
- At least 6 years of current or recent experience in mechanical system product design
- High-volume product design experience
- Solid understanding of engineering mechanics, machine design, materials, geometric tolerancing, fabrication processes (Injection molding, diecasting, etc) and electronics packaging.
- Advanced Solid modeling CAD experience (Solidworks a plus).
- Finite Element Analysis and/or dynamic simulation software experience.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, efficiently works under pressure, within deadlines or other time essential constraints
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly and concisely communicate to all levels of the organization
- Strong work ethic and an ability to excel within a rapidly changing and growing organization
Location: Barrington, IL
About Ventura Solutions:
Ventura Solutions is a rapidly growing medical device and pharmaceutical staffing, consulting, and training firm. Our extensive industry expertise in medical device, pharmaceutical, and combination products along with an exceptional talent pipeline make us a top choice for a wide range of projects. We also offer great benefits which enable us to attract and retain top talent in the medical device, pharmaceutical, and combination products space. For more information and other job opportunities visit us at ventura-solutions.com
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Thursday, March 10, 2022