Staff Accountant III for a Healthcare company
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- El Segundo, CA
Staff Accountant III
Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of assigned journal entries, account analysis and bank reconciliations. Maintains assigned subsidiary ledgers and provides accounting support to the Accounting department.
- Maintains spreadsheets for account analysis, reports and other schedules of general ledger accounts.
- Performs monthly and year-end general ledger account analysis.
- Informs Manager of invoices, deposits and other transactions of an unusual nature requiring special or immediate action.
- Prepares bank reconciliations as assigned.
- Manages monthly bank information and activity from bank on-line system.
- Maintains department cancelled check files and petty cash records.
- Uses, protects, and discloses the company patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate the company's commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Prepares stand-alone financial statements for small to medium-sized entities other than the company.
- Updates the chart of accounts including obtaining the appropriate approval for new natural accounts.
- Prepares all recurring, non-recurring and adjusting journal entries.
- Analyzes monthly and year-end close to formulate accruals and makes corrections to entries by maintaining effective spreadsheet schedules to support such accruals.
- Creates and reconciles schedules to the general ledger balances. Analyzes the account to determine the appropriateness of the balance. Maintains supporting documentation. Develops or recommends adjustments to journal entries when necessary.
- Assists in the maintenance of general ledgers for all entities.
- Assists in the maintenance of all journal entries, supporting documentation, journal entry checklist and other routine procedures. Files documentation to provide an efficient audit trail.
- Assist the Manager, Accounting in developing more efficient methods to improve the accounting process.
- Performs special projects and analysis and acts as a primary source of information to Accounting staff.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college and/or a professional certification requiring formal education beyond a two-year college.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred.
- Minimum: Over 1 year and up to and including 3 years of experience.
- Preferred: Over 3 years and up to and including 5 years of experience.
- Preferred: Previous experience with general ledger accounting.
- Preferred: Microsoft Excel and MAS 90 experience.
- Preferred: Previous healthcare industry experience.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Computer literate
- 10-key skills
- Intermediate Microsoft applications skills (Excel, Access).
- Basic Microsoft Word skills
Our client is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Wednesday, June 16, 2021
up to $85k