VP, Corporate Accounting for large Financial Services firm based in Los Angeles
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Los Angeles, CA
VP, Corporate Accounting
Our client is a large reputable Financial Services firm with over $100B AUM located in Downtown Los Angeles |DTLA. They foster a healthy work life balance with great internal progression and excellent benefits. They are seeking for an Experience and Dynamic Vice President, Corporate Accounting who will be joining their Corporate Accounting Team.
They offer exceptional Benefits including 401K matching, Generous PTO | Holidays, Growth | Succession Planning opportunity. They are working 100% remote until further notice and no pressure to return to the office; however, it's open for use at 25% capacity.
Scope of Responsibilities:
The Corporate Accounting Department of our client is seeking a Vice President of Financial Reporting and Accounting Policy with a focus on SEC reporting, U.S. GAAP, corporate consolidation, and financial statement preparation.
- Day-to-day oversight of the corporate accounting financial reporting and accounting policy function. Talent management, most importantly people development, will be an integral component of the role, as well as maintaining a client service and results-oriented culture within the finance organization;
- Management of internal and external reporting requirements including U.S. GAAP financial statements, debt covenants and reporting packages, SEC filings (Form 10K/10Q and others), and any other public reporting or filing requirements;
- Review all aspects of the global consolidation of the Company’s operating entities and investment funds, including consolidation entries, foreign currency, intercompany transactions and reconciliations, and elimination process;
- Interpret, develop, implement, and monitor accounting policies, processes, and procedures. Provide counsel on accounting-related issues, disclosure obligations related to business transactions, and financial statements;
- Review and analyze consolidated financial statements, including the balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flows and statement of unitholders’ capital in conformity with U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting requirements;
- Identify and implement process improvement initiatives and prepare ad hoc financial analyses as required for monthly and quarterly management reporting;
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors in annual audits and quarterly reviews; and, Perform and/or review certain key internal control processes.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and a CPA license is required. MBA or MS a plus.
- 12+ years’ experience in accounting and financial reporting, preferably 5 years or more in public accounting;
- Strong knowledge of SEC Reporting, U.S. GAAP, consolidation, accounting policy, and financial statement preparation;
- Excellent understanding of entity and investment structures as well as operational concepts;
- Solid analytical skills and ability to understand and resolve complex problems;
- Specific experience with Workiva, BPC, or other accounting and reporting systems a must; and,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Have great organizational skills and be able to handle complicated work effectively;
- Be a committed team player with a strong work ethic;
- Take initiative, be a self-starter, ask questions, identify improvement opportunities, and define process gaps while concisely articulating solutions. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed; and,
- Multi-task and efficiently manage competing priorities/activities while leading parallel projects/processes under tight deadlines. These traits will be vital to this role.
Sunday, April 18, 2021
Market Pay + Bonus DOE