Sr. Financial Reporting Analyst [Hybrid Work Model] for reputable and growing Professional Services firm
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Los Angeles, CA
Senior Business & Reporting Analyst [ equivalent to Senior Financial Reporting Analyst ]
NOT an IT or SBA role, but rather a Financial Reporting Analytics with strong BI/ Systems/Technical skills that can bridge the gap between IT and Finance.
NOTE: Our client is currently still working remotely with a plan to return to hybrid model this Fall (1-2x a week in office) as they see the value and productivity driven by Remote Working to accommodate staffJob Summary:
The Senior Business and Reporting Analyst will play a critical role in the Pricing & Analytics department in supporting key technology initiatives. The Senior Business and Reporting Analyst will liaise and collaborate with multiple groups and departments (e.g., IT, Marketing, etc.) to propose, design, and help implement solutions that meet Pricing and Analytics’ needs and requirements. The Senior Business and Reporting Analyst will also work closely with the Associate Director and Director to automate the Firm’s reporting and analytics processes.
- Manage full solution reporting implementations for the group or act as lead in a work stream.
- Collect, analyze, and track business and functional requirements, translating these requirements in to develop effective business solution with developers, vendors, and other stakeholders.
- Perform user acceptance testing including the development and execution of test scripts and plans
- Troubleshoot, track and debug issues.
- Communicate modifications to relevant parties, train end-users, and update documentation and training materials.
- Acts as project manager, participating in project meetings, documenting and tracking action items and issues.
- Automate and standardize reporting and dashboards, liaising with other reporting functions.
- Build, develop, and maintain standard reports using native reporting capabilities within the financial system, data visualization tools, or report writing tools.
- Build, develop, and maintain standard SQL queries including the setup of custom SQL databases.
- Work with other reporting leads to ensure adherence to the same vision and standards.
- Create ad hoc reports as requested, working with users and management to ensure requirements are well understood, ensuring that final product meets requirements.
- Optimize and expand the functionality capability of Pricing and Analytics’ systems and provide backup administration.
- Expand database of pricing and cost benchmarks, including building models for simple machine learning and working with vendors.
- Maintenance user access profiles and roles.
- Assist others in evaluating new technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- 5+ years related experience in financial, analytics and technology integrations, with at least 3+ years as a Business Systems Analyst.
- Successfully organize, prioritize, and execute multiple projects using judgment and stakeholder input to meet time-sensitive and aggressive deadlines.
- Interact effectively and professionally with all levels of the organization as well as external entities such as vendors and clients with ability to decipher needs and business requirements.
- Influence stakeholders and decision makers to proposing alternatives in a way that creates trust and builds relationships while providing excellent customer service.
- Work independently with a sense of urgency and minimal management oversight to lead projects from inception to delivery.
- Experience in delivering installation, planning and analytics regarding implementation of ERP systems.
- Develop and use large datasets for reporting purposes and then produce reports using SQL or other tools.
- Proven ability to assess current state and deliver reports and analysis in an efficient manner.
BI/ERP Systems Tools Helpful:
- MS Office Suite
- Visual Basic
- SQL / SSRS
- 3E and BudgetManager
- Visual Studio (a plus)
- Microsoft Dynamics (a plus)
- Python or R (a plu)
Comprehensive Benefits Offered:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, HSA, 401k
- Variety of provided and voluntary benefits like life insurance, long-term care insurance and critical illness insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Child Care Benefit
- Paid Holidays
- Transportation Allowance
- Frequent celebrations, events and gatherings
- Health and Wellness classes
- Competitive compensation programs
- Generous leaves of absence policy
- Great Flexibility and Work/Life balance with programs offering such commitment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer-EOE and promotes Diversity, Equity & Inclusion-DEI amongst the workforce.
Wednesday, August 25, 2021
Market Pay + Disc Bonus