Pricing Manager/Director equivalent [Finance & Strategy] for Global Professional Services firm
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Los Angeles, CA
Pricing Manager (Finance & Strategy Director equivalent)
Our Client, a $3B+ global professional services firm located in DTLA. They are stable and continuing to hire despite the impact of COVID19; however, will be a lot more selective so PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE REQUIREMENTS PRIOR TO APPLYING.
The company offers a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Benefits include healthcare, life and disability insurance, flex spending accounts, profit sharing, a 401k plan, etc.,10 paid holidays, and a PTO program that accrues 23+ days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
The Pricing Manager will be responsible for providing high-level financial and strategic support to the firm’s Rate Approval Chairs, legal departments and practice groups. He/she will be responsible for analyzing factors that drive the economic performance of matters, including the development of pricing models for multiple practice areas. The Pricing Manager will perform analysis in support of pricing decisions and support the firm’s efforts to drive effective project management. He/she will also be responsible for supporting various other strategic and financial projects.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Manages, leads, and implements various projects in the Finance and Accounting Department. Keeps abreast of various best practices in the market to ensure all department and practice goals and projects provide the firm with a competitive advantage.
- Works with the firm’s department and practice leaders to identify current performance and trends, compare them to future goals, and develop strategic business plans to meet established goals.
- Manages and facilitates business plan execution.
- Evaluates and analyzes strategic initiatives by initiating and directing research on competition, markets, geographies, and areas of law.
- Develops financial models and reporting to identify trends and issues. Formulates recommendations and strategies for improving performance.
- Monitors progress against economic targets and goals and initiates follow-up, as needed.
- Analyzes client performance data to identify client opportunities.
- Performs ad-hoc analytics by becoming familiar with and using the firm’s various data stores and analytic tools.
- Evaluates growth opportunities such as mergers and acquisitions, both with respect to economic performance and strategic fit.
- Facilitates internal communications and information delivery to decision-makers.
- Completes projects and tasks on various issues when needed; maintains flexibility as business requirements evolve.
- Promotes effective work practices, works as a team member, and shows respect for co-workers.
Qualifications & Criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration or related field required.
- MBA highly preferred.
- 8+ years experience related to financial analysis and strategic planning.
- 4+ years supervisory/management experience desired.
- Knowledge of various information technology systems: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of Business Objects preferred.
- Strong knowledge of market research resources and financial reporting.
- Excellent financial modeling skills and project management skills.
- Ability and willingness to perform detailed analyses independently; consistently demonstrate a hands-on approach.
- Demonstrated superior judgment, meticulous, and results driven.
- Ability to consistently exercise independent judgment and discretion.
- Strong analytical skills needed for all primary duties of position, including comprehending and communicating data.
- Organizational skills/project management skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a customer service focus.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and provide strategic support to senior management.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver presentations to senior management.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion.
- Strong knowledge and proficiency of PC applications, including MS Office.
- Occasional travel required.
Thursday, May 14, 2020
up to $200K + bonus (flex DOE)