Trade Marketing & Sales Planning Manager | Consultant for growing CPG | Consumer Products Food Manufacturer
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Duarte, CA
Trade Marketing & Sales Planning Manager | Consultant
Client has a need on Direct Hire and Interim Consulting role to start ASAP
If all works out and salary aligned to Company's requisition, can be potential for perm.
Our client is currently looking for an experience and passionate Interim Finance Professional who is driven by creating and implementing financial models that will improve and influence decision-making, strategy and provide guidance in growing their business. They need a subject matter expert (SME) in Sales & Trade Planning and Financial Modeling to support the Sales & Operations team. The Consultant helps develop and lead the Sales Implementation of Annual Sales Plans [ASP] and annual Operation Plans [AOP] to Field Sales Operations. This includes development of the Channel Specific "Go to Market" Strategies (MAPS), trade spend, Co-create New Item launch decks and Customer Planning Support. This role will report to the Director of Sales Operations. The Consultant will work closely with Marketing, Finance, Field Sales and other cross function to deliver efficient and effective sale plans. The role will coordinate with cross-functional members in Sales & Marketing, Finance and Accounting to create a TPM strategy and will drive alignment and collaboration across internal business functions to initiate TPM policies and best practices. Key Responsibilities
- Develop the annual Sales Go to Market Strategies (MAPS) by channel
- Develop and execute trade promotion strategies, trade merchandising plans and all major trade initiatives with customer teams
- Co-creates with Director of Innovation and Marketing to lead the New Items Sales Presentation and Sales Material development and execution
- Leads the Annual Sales Planning process
- Supports Fields Sales with the Joint Customer Business Planning (JCBP):
- Supports customer teams with Customer Strategic Plan build, roll-up and review
- Execute against plan and monitor results against objectives (volume, spending, profit)
- Works with Finance to conduct post promotion event analysis to gain insights and apply key learnings
- Works with Finance to optimize revenue and profit through efficient resource management and allocation of funding.
- Review annual customer plans for alignment to sales strategy
- Customer plan approval – Ensure customer plans are on strategy, review profitability and manage potential channel conflicts
- Oversee customer requests for customization/innovation and works with cross-functional teams
- Works with Category Management to leverage consumer and category insights with customer teams to support category growth objectives
- Assess, leverage and provide guidance to the customer teams about use of Sales tools and strategies to achieve Strategic Business Area (SBA) priorities and objectives (distribution, pricing, shelving, merchandising, and new item acceptance)
- Attend and develop key customer selling presentations
- Provide Sales with the timely communication of all information to insure flawless execution and attainment of objectives
- Oversees trade marketing (TM) budget to ensure effective budget management and that all resources are effectively used to drive optimal results.
- Contribute to the allocation of TM funds to appropriately support company goals in a way that optimizes ROI.
- Manages and improves the TPM process for efficiency, accuracy and profitability.
- Ensures the team optimizes the Trade Promotion software and provides input to TPM support systems.
- Responsible for analyzing and reporting on promotion activities performed, level of spending by SKU by customer by channel, evaluating key programs results against established KPIs, leveraging cross-functional teams as needed for ROI details.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field required, MBA preferred
- 7+ years of Trade Marketing or Category/Channel Management with heavy Financial Modeling experience
- Experience in trade promotion management in the food & beverage or other CPG industries
- In-depth knowledge of ERP and Trade Management systems.
- Strong business acumen: Has a sound understanding of financial business processes and P&L analysis.
- Analytics: Can leverage data and processes to identify areas to maximize profit and improve process
- Communication skills: Able to easily communicate plan, reports, ideas and concepts to cross functional teams and management
- Presentation ability: Able to prepare and successfully present detailed Trade Promotions programs to internal & external team and customers
- Planning: Able to interpret data trends and forecast trade promotion budget to prepare and manage detailed annual business plans.
- Problem solving: Solves problems by gathering the appropriate facts and applying analytical tools. Uses teamwork to maximize the results.
Friday, April 9, 2021
$130K(flex for contract)|20%B