VP, Finance & Accounting | FP&A for growing private held Consumer Products Manufacturer/Distributor
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Duarte, CA
Vice President of Finance & Accounting
*NEW EXCITING ROLE due to GROWTH and RELOCATION OFFERED!!
Our client is a CPG Manufacturer/Distributor located in Los Angeles. They are currently going under transformation and modernization for a steady growth mode with vision to double. Upgrades in systems, processes and talent. They have an exciting VP of Finance & Accounting to join their Senior Leadership/Executive team. The successful candidate will bring insightful analysis, process, reporting, metrics, and disciplined control to drive continuous margin improvement/operational leverage. In addition the VP, Finance & Accounting will be responsible for core finance responsibilities, including provide leadership and direct the development of financial policies, budgeting, reporting, operation standards and systems that meet the highest standards for providing financial information to enable strategic and operational financial analysis for decision making. In addition, oversee all accounting functions including those necessary for auditing, financial analysis, asset management and payroll in accordance with GAAP guidelines. Ability and willingness to be a player-coach, the VP, Finance & Accounting will delegate and review work, but will also be hands-on in his/her responsibilities.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Establish short and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Work with department heads to develop 10-year strategic business plans.
- Analyze the financial implications of proposed new products, initiatives, and capital expenditures.
- Direct managerial finance including variance analysis, manufacturing cost accounting, P&L, balance sheet and net working capital modeling.
- Direct the preparation and delivery of insightful, accurate and timely financial reporting per client needs.
- Oversee all accounting functions including those necessary for auditing, financial analysis, asset management and payroll in accordance with GAAP guidelines as well tax and legal compliance.
- Hands-on forecasting and financial modeling
- Ensure annual internal and external audits are completed in a timely and effective manner with all findings reported with no material weaknesses or deficiencies noted.
- Hands-on development and implementation of annual budgets and operating plans.
- Direct expense management and controls as it relates to operating expenditures and costs associated with strategic and capital expense initiatives.
- Ensure income tax compliance and filings.
- Maintain an organizational structure, as necessary, to effectively accomplish the departments goals and objective.
- Coordinate financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Take full responsibility for functional projects such as ERP integration.
- Manage, develop, train and recruit staff to ensure capabilities and succession in the ongoing support of department goals and objectives and to ensure corporate values and ethics are instilled to develop the future leaders for the division.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement
- Recommend policies and standard operating procedures to drive change while securing adequate level of control.
- Coordinate with IT department to ensure company objectives are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related field is required. MBA preferred and/or CPA.
- 12+ years of experience in Accounting and Finance [FP&A] at a leadership role is required.
- Extensive budgeting, forecasting, and financial modeling experience.
- Results-oriented, demonstrated strategic leader with a broad knowledge of management practices and good business analysis/project management skills
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Working knowledge of short/long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis.
- Sound technical accounting skills and GAAP proficiency.
- A collaborative leader who interacts well with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in Food & Beverage production or Consumer Products/CPG, and Manufacturing required.
- Previously held a controllership function is strongly preferred where compliance with GAAP, company policy, required documentation has been demonstrated.
- Ability to surface and highlight any control discrepancy or risk to business.
- Demonstrated people development skills and managing high-performance teams are required.
Tuesday, April 13, 2021
up to $200K + bonus (flex DOE)