Human Resources Manager
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Westwood, CA
Our client develops, owns, and operates best-in-class office and studio space to the biggest names in tech and entertainment (Netflix, Google, Amazon.) They are looking for a Human Resources Manager. In this role you will participate in all areas of Human Resources including compliance; performance, data & analytics; employee safety and wellness, employee relations, leaves, workers compensation, and mergers & acquisitions. This position will provide overall HR support to the organization alongside the entire HR Team. Are you looking to use your Human Resources expertise and agility to support a thriving, forward-thinking company? This is the place!
What you’ll do
- Partner in the development and implementation of HR policies, procedures, and programs, including the creation and delivery of training programs as needed.
- Participate in responding to employees when questions come up, answer policy questions and conduct investigations when needed.
- Assist with handling any employee relations, performance improvement discussions, termination meetings, and documentation as needed, and assist with annual performance review program.
- Analyze data to uncover areas of opportunity and metrics to drive accountability and to prepare special reports on workforce metrics and analysis as assigned.
- Work directly with staff and managers on safety matters, Leave of Absence requests, and support compliance with laws/regulations and standard methodologies and practices with an approach that aligns with our company values.
- Work closely with recruiting, HR, and business decision-makers to access, analyze and summarize data to craft HPP’s strategic position human capital goals.
- Participate in safety programs and health and wellness initiatives.
- Respond to unemployment, annual EEOC and DFEH reporting, etc.
- Participate in the new hire, re-hire, and employee termination paperwork processes, participate in onboarding discussions, and exit interviews when needed.
- Participate in the development of the HRIS system, providing support and testing to the HRIS team members when necessary.
- Establish and maintain orderly, compliant, and detailed employee personnel files.
- Participate in mergers and acquisitions.
- Assist with HR team with employee engagement programs (recognition, surveys, resource groups) as needed.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field required.
- 5-7 years Human Resources Generalist experience with developed compliance and investigation experience.
- Knowledge of Human Resources administration policies and procedures required particularly in recordkeeping systems.
- Experience with Workday and ADP preferred.
- Demonstrable knowledge of all Federal and State laws to support compliance with all government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, etc.
- Excellent digital literacy and demonstrated a solid understanding of computers and software including MS Windows, Word, including Excel solid understanding able to produce VLOOKUP, If/Then formulas, and Pivot Tables frequently with ease.
- Demonstrated ability to build evaluation methods and reports.
- Very flexible, proactive, highly organized, and able to shift priorities, multi-task, and handle heavy workflow processing under time-sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to work under stress and handle challenging priorities while staying focused and meeting deadlines without sacrificing accuracy.
- Solid verbal/written communication skills, with the ability to interact well with all levels of the corporation.
- Polished professional demeanor with strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- True problem solver that works towards building trust within the department and with all company staff.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and follow through to complete tasks.
- Ability to travel 25%
A visionary real estate investment trust that owns and operates more than 19 million square feet of marquee office and studio properties. Focused on premier West Coast epicenters of innovation, media and technology, its anchor tenants include Fortune 500 and leading growth companies such as Netflix, Google, Square, Uber, NFL Enterprises and more.
Thursday, June 24, 2021