Senior Manager, SEC Financial Reporting [Director equivalent] Big 4 or Tier 2 CPA required
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- El Segundo, CA
Senior Manager, SEC Financial Reporting [Director equivalent]
Our partner client is a household brand name, a Fortune 500 conglomerate located in Los Angeles and they are seeking a dynamic Sr. Manager, SEC Financial Reporting to join their elit leadership team.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Manage the timely and accurate preparation of all external financial reports, including reports filed with the SEC on Form 10-Q, 10-K, ensuring financial statements are in accordance with US GAAP.
- Prepare and manage the quarterly SEC reporting calendar, including coordination with external auditors, executives, finance, legal and investor relations departments.
- Coordinate with foreign affiliates to aggregate monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial information, including leading pre-close meetings with foreign affiliates to identify and resolve complex accounting matters.
- Oversee the monthly, quarterly and year-end consolidation process, including the review of journal entries and coordinate with shared services and foreign affiliates to aggregate financial information.
- Review the monthly and quarterly financial reporting package, including income statement and balance sheet analyses, and various management reports.
- Review and provide feedback on internal and external communications, including board presentations and investor relations earnings releases, scripts, and presentations.
- Work with internal stakeholders to provide accounting guidance for newly issued accounting rules and determine implications resulting from contemplated or executed transactions and contracts.
- Draft, update, and review accounting policies and procedures that ensure the highest level of operational efficiency for business units, while maintaining appropriate internal controls and compliance with US GAAP.
- Enhance the financial reporting process by streamlining, refining and improving the consolidation process.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team charged with governance of the Oracle and Hyperion Financial Management systems
- Work as part of cross-functional teams to execute various special projects and transactions and preparation of ad hoc financial reporting.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 7+ years of experience at a “Big 4” or Tier 2 CPA public accounting firm or industry equivalent, including significant SEC [10K, 10K, 8K] experience with companies with global operations.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting requirements and experience researching technical accounting topics.
- Strong leadership, decision making and technical skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management and Oracle is a plus.
Friday, August 6, 2021
Market Pay + Bonus + RSU