Large Law Firm seeks a driven and dynamic individual to join the Central Billing team as an eBilling Assistant in the Washington DC office. The eBilling Assistant should strive to provide their assigned clients with the highest-quality customer service by becoming a subject-matter expert in all eBilling matters. The eBilling Assistant will serve as the liaison between their assigned clients and the Billing Department, so the candidate must be very flexible and highly committed to quality in order to establish and maintain an excellent working relationship with client administrative contacts and attorneys. The eBilling Assistant can expect to handle a high volume of work and will work collaboratively with other eBilling team members in order to complete tasks accurately and timely. The candidate will be responsible for obtaining a full understanding of their eBilling matters and should be able to identify and resolve eBilling discrepancies.
Some additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Facilitate the submission of attorney and paralegal rates to assigned clients for approval
• Liaise with client contacts to set up new matters, submit accrual estimates, and send budget amounts provided by GDC attorneys
• Assist Billing Specialists with electronic invoice submissions or LEDES file manipulations
• Troubleshoot complex invoice rejections
• Research adjustment details for reduced invoices
• Compile weekly rejected invoices report to be distributed to management
• Monitor the eBilling Inbox and promptly respond to email requests
• Maintain internal records to ensure invoices comply with firm policies and client guidelines
• Identify strategies for improving and streamlining internal processes
• Conduct ad hoc eBilling projects as requested by the eBilling Coordinator
The ideal candidate will be willing to take initiative to complete tasks accurately and in a timely manner. Candidate should be a forward thinker and should be ready and willing to contribute their ideas towards the improvement of department processes. Must have outstanding written communication skills and a professional phone manner. Candidate should be comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization including with the Executive Director, Finance Director and many high-level attorneys. Must have excellent attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure in order to achieve individual and team goals. Candidate must have the ability to balance multiple tasks with strict deadlines and should be able to delegate work in an efficient manner in order to meet these deadlines. An ownership mentality is absolutely essential for success in this position.
Strong technology skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (with an emphasis on Excel), are a must. A college degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field is strongly preferred, but not required. eBillingHub and eBilling vendor site experience preferred, but not required.