Vertical Careers, Inc.
- San Dimas, CA
Our client is building infrastructure to make essential health services, including Covid-19 testing, easier to access for everyone. Their infrastructure is designed to change as the world does—offering nearby access, affordable services, and science-based guidance.
Their efforts are supported by the optimism and ambition they share with communities across the US, and together they’re imagining new ways to help more people stay safe, healthy, and informed wherever they are.
The company is growing rapidly and seeking a Tax Manager to work in the San Dimas area.
We are looking for a tax and accounting expert to manage and facilitate the accurate preparation and filing of our company’s state and federal tax forms. The ideal candidate is a team player who creates and implements tax plans and works with the accounting and leadership teams to identify opportunities for process improvement and potential areas of risk. The Tax Manager will ensure compliance with state and federal tax law through a series of systems and system controls that are designed to ensure accurate, timely reporting. They will monitor current and impending changes to tax regulation and make the appropriate updates to policies and strategies. The ideal candidate is single minded in their pursuit of ensuring compliance and achieves this goal through optimizing reporting procedures.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, Facilitate and manage the preparation and review company federal tax returns and the accurate, timely filing of all tax forms with outside firms
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of consolidated federal, state and local income tax returns and other business related filings.
- Responsible for use and property tax functions.
- Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures.
- Responsible for accounting for income taxes and income tax provision
- Assist in estimating and monitoring annual cash taxes.
- Responsible management fee arrangements.
- Develop and implement strategic tax planning for all necessary federal and state taxes.
- Plan for and develop overall return calendar and coordinate timing and inputs
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process.
- Manage and facilitate IRS income tax audits: preparing responses, creating schedules, etc.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to management and the tax team and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation.
- Provide support with various special tax related projects.
- Review tax returns and quarterly/yearly tax projections.
- Strong accounting, analytical, and research skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of tax code, compliance and procedures for corporations.
- Familiarity with U.S. federal, state and local reporting requirements.
- Strong experience with a variety of tax operations and ability to drive process improvements.
- Ability to work well independently as well as the ability to work well with stakeholders and communicate the benefits of tax initiatives.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a tax manager or public accountant role and prefer at least 2 years of experience in a management role. Preferred candidates have a current CPA license and a master’s degree in an accounting discipline.
Thursday, April 22, 2021