Sr. Manager, Corporate Accounting for large Financial Services firm based in Los Angeles
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Los Angeles, CA
Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting | Senior Corporate Accounting Manager
Our client is a large reputable Financial Services firm with over $100B AUM located in Downtown Los Angeles |DTLA. They foster a healthy work life balance with great internal progression and excellent benefits. They are seeking for an Experience and Dynamic Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting who will be joining their Corporate Accounting Team.
They offer exceptional Benefits including 401K matching, Generous PTO | Holidays, Growth | Succession Planning opportunity. They are working 100% remote until further notice and no pressure to return to the office; however, it's open for use at 25% capacity.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all operational aspects of the Company’s management company entities;
- Participate in monthly management accounting responsibilities and analysis of complex areas, including management and incentive income and compensation, placement fees, equity compensation, and profit sharing arrangements;
- Prepare financial calculations and account analyses, including supporting schedules on a monthly and quarterly basis;
- Identify and implement process improvement initiatives and prepare ad hoc financial analyses as required for monthly management reporting;
- Assist with consolidation process, including intercompany transactions, account reconciliations, and elimination process;
- Assist in maintaining and enhancing financial systems, including the general ledger and consolidation system;
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors in annual audits and quarterly reviews; and,
- Perform certain key internal control processes .
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field (and/or equivalent experience).
- CPA or MBA required
- Public Accounting experience required preferably from Big 4 or Tier 2 National CPA firms
- Financial Services industry experience is a plus but not required
- 7-12 years’ experience in accounting, preferably 5 or more years public accounting;
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP accounting, operations, account analysis, and management reporting;
- Excellent understanding of business operations and linkage to accounting in order to initiate and lead process improvements and documentation of standard operating procedures;
- Solid analytical skills and ability to understand and resolve complex problems;
- Specific experience with BPC and Workday systems a plus; and,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must have great organizational skills and be able to handle complicated work efficiently and effectively;
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative, ask questions, detect problems and provide solutions;
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage time across competing activities/resources and manage projects/processes under tight deadlines;
- Attention to detail and ability to analyze data and problem solve;
- Must be a team player with strong work ethic; and,
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
Market Salary + Bonus DOE