Director, Divisional Sales [Remote] for growing CPG | Food & Beverage Company
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Monrovia, CA
Director, Divisional Sales
Our client is a Food Manufacturer that has aggressive growth strategies. The Divisional Sales Director is responsible in the delivery and execution for the Division’s sales and profit objectives, with the goal of supporting the strategic plan, maximizing the company’s profits and driving above market share growth. This is a Remote role; however, candidate must be located in Southern CA. 3-5 direct/indirect reports and full P&L responsibilities for the West Coast with Excellent Growth potential!
- Responsible for crafting , directing sales strategies and processes to support sales growth and profitability.
- Responsible for the Division’s and reporting Regions’ annual budget to achieve strategic goals. Prepares, justifies and manages the annual Division’s budget.
- Communicates and shares Company vision throughout division/organization and provide cross-functional perspective, direction, and support.
- Drives Company focus, manage culture, encourage strong work ethic, and foster an environment of trust and respect.
- Responsible for hiring and developing the respective Division’s Sales Team, managing their performance and completing their annual performance review. Provides leadership and personal support; coach, guide, nurture and develop the right people; “walk the talk.”
- Develops group and individual performance plans in alignment with Company goals and objectives; communicates clearly defined individual and group objectives.
- Communicates and supports Company policies and decisions in a positive manner.
- Key Areas of Focus:
- Responsible for budgeting, planning, goal setting, customer relations development, account penetration and expansion of distribution.
- Oversees and directs all aspects of Division’s and Assigned Regions’ Profit & Loss Statement. Providing monthly comprehensive analysis and recap detail of P&L results ; activities, sales, expenses and net income.
- Develops and directs Division’s and assigned Region’s annual sales plan to meet or exceed sales and profit expectations. The plan includes but is not limited to: setting Gross & Net $ plan, Profitability Goal, Expenses and Expansion. This requires the Division and related Regions in meeting targeted completion dates for all aspects of the budgeting process.
- Implements Marketing sales programs, coordinating execution with direct reports and ensuring proper ROI is achieved related to the investment made with the retailer account. Works closely with the Marketing Team, providing feedback on programming and input to increase sales results and execution performance.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with all key retail partner’s decision-makers and provides direction to broker. Imperative a strong relationship is built at Senior levels within the retailer, distributor and wholesaler accounts.
- Directs and monitors formal training and development programs of sales team personnel to develop sales skill such as: presentation skills, negotiation skills, analytical methods and category management concepts. Proactive in the evaluation and improvement of sales structure to maximize productivity of human capital.
- BS Degree in a Business Administration or related field required. MBA Preferred.
- 10+ Years of experience in Food & Beverage or CPG Industry required.
- Directing operations in multiple regions with multiple distribution channels is a must/helpful.
- Profit & Loss [P&L]: Forecasting and controlling sales revenues, managing fixed and variable costs to achieve a planned profit margin.
- Planning: Interpreting data trends and forecasting sales and expenses in order to prepare and manage detailed annual business plans.
- Leadership: Motivating sales team towards accomplishing common goals. Promoting team effectiveness and cohesion.
- Industry knowledge: Understands the buying and promotional practices of the Grocery/perishables industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Sales Presentation ability: Able to prepare and successfully present detailed sales programs using the principles of category management, syndicated market share information, internal sales data, and customer specific information.
- Business knowledge: Understands the inter-relationships between various company functions- Production, warehousing, accounting, customer service, sales and marketing and how each relates to satisfying customer’s account.
- Problem solving: Solves problems by gathering the appropriate facts and applying analytical tools. Uses teamwork to maximize the results.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Must be willing to travel at least 30% of the time not inclusive of time in home office.
Friday, September 3, 2021
Market Pay + Bonus