Manager, Payroll & Benefits for large growing 3PL, Warehouse/Distribution, Logistics Industrial Company
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Walnut, CA
Manager, Payroll & Benefits Job Description [Direct Hire Working On-Site]
Covid-19 Hiring Update: Our client is considered an essential business and continue to work onsite following OSHA, CDC guidelines, and continuing to interview and hire during this time.
Our client, a large 3PL Industrial Company is seeking a Manager of Payroll & Benefits to join their established team. This is a new position due to growth. The position administers payroll and benefits for the employees of Company, and will lead a team of three (3). Key to this role will be the willingness to have a hands-on approach in working with the payroll and benefits team. The responsibilities of the role include executing and validating bi-weekly gross to net pay calculations, ensuring the timely and accurate distribution of pay and deductions. This position also manages the administration of all employee benefit programs, including health, dental, vision, retirement and other programs consistent with federal, state and local mandates, including enrollment, claims resolution, change reporting, and approving invoices for payment. This position works closely with the Chief Financial Officer [CFO] and the HR Manager to coordinate programs and operations to ensure that each is providing the proper level of support to the others.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Manage the payroll and benefit department of three (3)
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of weekly and bi-weekly payroll
- Prepare reports as requested by Management e.g. payroll and benefit analysis, vendors, and state agencies for statistical purposes
- Responsible for annual worker compensation audits of multiple policies
- Responsible for annual payroll audits
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll and benefits
- Ensure accurate processing of record changes submitted by employees such as W4 changes and direct deposit changes.
- Partner with HR team on administration of benefits for employees on leave of absences to ensure employees on leave of absence are paid/not paid and time off accruals are properly applied based on policy.
- Responsible for all activities to ensure plans are compliant with ERISA, DOL and state reporting requirements.
- Oversee the creation and distribution of all benefit program communications, including open enrollment communication
- Manage and oversee Annual Open Enrollment process
- Ensure accurate deduction and any necessary adjustments to benefit deductions, such as medical, dental, life insurance, etc.
- Manage garnishments process is accurate and compliant
- Review payroll audit reports, including all payroll changes, and apply any necessary corrections prior to transmitting files.
- Collaborates with Human Resources (HR) team to ensure employee data and payroll processing accuracy
- Assis in the management and development of staff benefits
- Bachelor's degree is highly preferred, CEBS certificate is a plus
- 6+ year experience in payroll and benefit with 2+ in supervisory role with similar industries: 3PL, warehouse/distribution, manufacturing, construction, retail/wholesale/eCommerce, etc.
- Experience processing weekly and biweekly payroll of 1500+ FTEs and Temporary Staff/Labor (experience with multiple temp staffing agencies)
- Strong knowledge of federal and multi-state laws/regulations regarding benefit programs i.e. FMLA, CFRA, ADA, COBRA, HIPPA and ACS is required
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, vlookup, sum-ifs etc)
- Hands on experience with relevant software (Kronos and iSolved) highly preferred
- High degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to deal with sensitively with confidential material and deadline
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communications skills
- Ability to communication with various levels of management
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong Organizational, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills
Monday, September 27, 2021
up to $100K DOE