Sr. Cost Accountant/Analyst [100% Fully Remote] for growing family owned estate within Hospitality/Wine Industry
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Paso Robles, CA
Senior Cost Accountant
Client is open to Fully Remote w/ quarterly trips to HQ
The Senior Cost Accountant plays a key role in all aspects of accounting and financial reporting associated with wine inventory and cost of goods sold. This position is responsible for calculating, maintaining and updating wine costing, including performing all supporting general ledger reconciliations and overhead allocations. The Senior Cost Accountant will ensure all wine inventory and cost of goods sold are accounted for in accordance with company policies and GAAP. This is a full-time, exempt position and you will report to Senior Manager, Accounting.
- Work closely with a variety of departments throughout the organization, including accounting, finance, production, farming/vineyard and operations to ensure expense components of wine costing are properly identified, understood, and recorded in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of monthly general ledger reconciliations and allocations associated with inventory and cost accounting.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of the bulk wine roll forward; value bulk wine lots on a monthly basis.
- Ensure dry goods, bottling production expenses, and bulk wine are appropriately applied to each bottled SKU.
- Create and maintain cost estimates by SKU. Generate revaluations in Microsoft NAV /Dynamics for actual/final costs and ensure inventory values of SKUs agree to supporting costing schedules.
- Assist with budgeting, planning and analysis associated with wine inventory costs; proactively identify risks and cost savings opportunities.
- Prepare bulk and cased goods valuation calculations for monthly bank reporting.
- Prepare, review and present inventory valuation analyses to finance and winemaking teams.
- Develop, maintain and document allocation methodology for overhead and labor costs in accordance with GAAP. Develop, maintain and document all SOP’s associated with the organization’s cost accounting function. Make recommendations to improve or streamline processes.
- Calculate grower payments and reconcile to grape contracts. Work closely with the company’s grower relations associate to ensure grower contracts are properly executed and organized and the A/P team to ensure accurate and timely payment.
- Ensure offsite bulk wine is properly accounted for based on contract terms.
- Maintain accurate inventory valuations by physical location to ensure proper insurance coverage is maintained.
- Play a key part in systems modification/implementation projects as related to cost accounting and inventory management.
- Prepare supporting information for external auditors as requested.
- Assist with ad-hoc analysis and special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field; accounting degree strongly preferred.
- Advanced degree, CPA or CMA a plus.
- Strong understanding of cost accounting theory and GAAP required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in general accounting or cost accounting required.
- Cost accounting experience in the wine industry highly preferred.
- Solid accounting foundation required; audit experience a plus.
- Strong Excel skills required.
- Navision software experience a plus.
- Can build and maintain accurate, well organized and formula-driven financial models and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Can clearly articulate business issues; is comfortable with back of the envelope analysis in support of timely decisions.
- Is a well-rounded individual who has successfully performed within a winery or has a demonstrated track record of quickly learning and performing successfully in new industries.
Monday, June 14, 2021
upto $90K+10% Bonus