Senior Buyer|Procurement|Purchasing Specialist for growing privately held Green Energy | Components | Industrial Manufacturer
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Carlsbad, CA
Senior Buyer|Procurement|Purchasing Specialist
Our client is a growing privately held Green Energy | Components | Industrial Manufacturer of component placement systems that enables customers to increase productivity and reduce costs in the manufacturing of components to a wide variety of industries including: wireless, microwave, automotive, aerospace & defense, medical & life sciences and photonic industries.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and procurement for all material necessary to manufacture electronic components, subcontract cable and board assemblies, machined and sheet metal parts. You will also be an integral part of our management team to insure on time deliveries with our suppliers. This candidate must be a self -starter who is a result driven and goal focused person. Demonstrated progressive experience in procurement is a must. Candidate must have a demonstrated proactive approach and ability to reach aggressive business objectives for cost reductions, supplier sourcing and development, and on time performance.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Attend meetings with Management (Revenue meetings) to gain insight into planning material and assemblies to support build plans, forecasts, and sales demands.
- Responsible for inventory levels, schedules, priorities and for reviewing and acting on order release and exception messages from MRP system
- Review all Engineering changes and determine the effect on production
- Generate and release work orders in support of customer demands and forecasts
- Prepare, issue and follow-up on purchase orders and change notices to ensure completion in a timely manner
- Schedule/reschedule deliveries based on production forecasts and storage and other requirements
- Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers and manufacturing, finance, engineering and other internal customers
- Analyze the requirements of the commodity, including preliminary specifications, preferred supplier and date commodity is needed
- Negotiate the lowest possible cost for the commodity balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs
- Manage supplier relationships to maximize cost savings and effectiveness
- Demonstrate a proactive approach and ability to reach aggressive business objectives for cost reductions, supplier development and on time performance
- Implement purchase contracts that comply with company and government regulations
- Maintain timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices and other documents to ensure accurate retention of records for ISO audits
- Provide assistance to the receiving department to ensure timely receipt of materials and assist accounts payable in resolving any invoice discrepancies.
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Assume responsibility, takes leadership and follows tasks thru completion
- Complies with company policies and procedures and adheres to company code of business ethics in performing job duties
- BA or BS required: NAPM or APICS (CSCP) or (CPIM) desired,
- 5+ years related experience including experience in planning and/or purchasing of castings, machined and sheet metal fabricated parts and standard electronic components and hardware.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Work, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of Epicor System and MRP systems a plus
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment a must
- Ability to interpret manufacturing drawings and knowledge of electronic components and machined and sheet metal parts is required
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills, negotiation skills and interpersonal skills in order to interact effectively with suppliers and co-workers
- Must be a self-starter with drive for continuous cost improvements and have the ability to handle multiple tasks in a high volume environment
Our client offers an attractive salary and benefits package including 401(k) with employer matching, medical, dental, vision, coverage and education reimbursement. They are an EOE | Equal Opportunity Employer. They seek qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Client cannot accommodate VISA Sponsorship now or in future.
Tuesday, August 3, 2021
up to $90K DOE