Accounting Manager for a large privately held CPG | Food & Beverage manufacturer/distributor
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Pico Rivera, CA
Manages the General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Treasury functions of the Accounting department. Oversees monthly and annual closing process. Ensures deadlines are met on a timely basis. Coordinates on the annual audit. Sets priorities and direction for the team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overall effective management of a team of accountants and respective accounting functions.
- Proactively manage performance and determine appropriate action(s).
- Provide accounting guidance for site operations and other corporate departments.
- Stay abreast of developing accounting literature and assist educating and disseminating changes.
- Influence, maintain, and direct accounting policies and guidelines.
- Review and approve journal entries, analysis and reconciliations.
- Manage month end close process, ensuring close deadlines are met; make necessary modifications, and timely alert senior management of problem areas or necessary modifications.
- Assist Finance Department and senior management in financial analysis and explain results.
- Analyze and validate financial information at the business segment and account levels.
- Assist Finance Department and site operations in the annual budget process.
- Oversees balance sheets reconciliation and review balance sheets reconciliation with Branch Accountants on a quarterly basis.
- Review accounting policies for consistency and compliance with GAAP.
- Identify areas for potential efficiencies and processes standardization and improvements.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Accounting, Corporate Controller and senior management.
- Bachelor degree in accounting required, CPA preferred
- Thorough understanding of US GAAP (required)
- 10+ years of related accounting experience
- 5+ years of experience managing a team
- Proven experience in successfully leading an accounting team
- Self-starter who relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Proven ability to perform well under pressure and in a high-volume and changing environment
- Demonstrate consistency, flexibility and commitment to meet deadlines
- Experience in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel (intermediate level), and accounting software systems
- Proven planning, task organizing and execution skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively deal with a variety of individuals.
- Strong customer service skills and proven ability to work with both internal and external associates and customers at all levels
- Proven ability to excel in a team environment
Friday, September 10, 2021
Market Pay + Bonus