AVP, Fund Accounting for large reputable Financial Services firm in DTLA
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Los Angeles, CA
AVP, Closed-end Fund Accounting
Our client is a large reputable Financial Services firm with over $100B AUM located in Downtown Los Angeles |DTLA. They foster a healthy work life balance with great internal progression and excellent benefits. They are seeking for an Experience and Dynamic Corporate Accounting Manager who will be joining their Corporate Team.
They offer exceptional Benefits including 401K matching, Generous PTO | Holidays, Growth | Succession Planning opportunity. They are working 100% remote until further notice and no pressure to return to the office; however, it's open for use at 25% capacity.
The Assistant Vice President | AVP will be responsible for supervising fund accountants in their daily responsibilities of maintaining the books and records for several closed-end funds and separate accounts within the Control and Private Debt Strategies.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the monthly closing process for the portfolios; this includes pricing, reconciling portfolio data, and calculating management fees and the accrual of expenses.
- Reviewing quarterly and annual financial statements prepared in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Ensuring compliance with key financial reporting controls and ensuring that evidentiary matter is appropriately documented to comply with the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Ad hoc assistance in the research of technical guidance and implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
- Reviewing calculations of fund and client specific performance.
- Reviewing consolidated fund information within the strategy
- Reviewing and/or assisting in the preparation of a variety of ad-hoc requests from client services and the investment team.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required.
- CPA is a plus preferably from Big 4 or Tier 2 CAP firms with public/private experience
- 10+ years accounting experience within the financial services industry, preferably in the investment management
- Strong knowledge of reconciliation and account analysis.
- Excellent understanding of accounting and the ability to apply relevant investment company accounting rules.
- Solid analytical skills and ability to understand and resolve complex problems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience with Geneva and/or Geneva World Investor, accounting systems is a plus.
- Relationship Building ; works effectively with strong, diverse teams of people with multiple perspectives, talents, and backgrounds. Ability to elicit cooperation from and gain the confidence of a wide variety of participants including other departments and third-party service providers.
- Communication ; excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Independence & Collaboration ; proficient at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; able to drive work effectively with limited supervision (at times) with high attention-to-detail.
- Flexibility & Organization ; adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities; proven ability to multi-task and efficiently manage time across competing demands; able to effectively prioritize, execute tasks, and thrive in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Driving Results ; drives issues to closure; is a self-starter committed to achieving results and has a strong sense of ownership and follow-through.
Saturday, July 3, 2021
up to $225K total comp