Senior Accountant for growing CPG | Consumer Products |Cannabis Company with plans of IPO
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- West Los Angeles, CA
Senior Accountant (CPA required)
Our client, a rapidly growing CPG | Consumer Products company with vision of IPO in the future is seeking a dynamic and driven Senior Accountant to join their elite Corporate Accounting & Finance Team.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Senior Accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. Senior Accountant responsibilities include reconciling account and bank balances, maintaining the general ledger and chart of accounts, and preparing month-end close procedures. S/He will combine excellent analytical skills, high attention to detail with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles [US GAAP] to analyze financial reports and forecast. The position will also be responsible for ensuring the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating transactions, and prepare for financial reporting as required.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Month End close including preparing, booking and reconciling revenue, A/R, and accrued liabilities.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, reconciling transactions.
- Ensuring the accuracy of account coding of all entries.
- Preparing bank and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Working capital monitoring and cash forecasting.
- Perform flux analysis for the period over period changes.
- Working capital monitoring and cash forecasting and reporting variances to forecast.
- Review and reconcile all inter-company transactions and generate backup as necessary.
- Prepare the consolidation working files of close to 30 entities including prepare all eliminating entries.
- Prepare draft balance sheet, profit and loss, and cash flow statements.
- Prepare analytical schedules as required for external audit.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Develop business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principle.
- Other ad-hoc projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience. CPA or CMA designations required.
- 4+ years of experience in Accounting/Finance.
- Big 4 or Tier 2 public accounting experience in technology, CPG| consumer packaged goods or Cannabis industry is plus.
- In-depth knowledge of U.S. GAAP, including familiarity with accounting positions and related guidance provided by SEC, in areas like Consolidations, Revenue Recognition, Impairment, and Capitalization of Internally Developed Software, Equity. Working knowledge of IFRS a plus.
- Familiarity with accounting software, including QuickBooks and other ERP systems (Sage).
- Must be able to convey complex messages in a clear, simple, relatable and convincing manner.
- Must be a self-starter, flexible to work in a collaborative structure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like FreshBooks and QuickBooks.
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables.
Thursday, May 20, 2021
Market Pay + Bonus DOE