Data & System Analyst - Information Technology for large reputable Financial Services firm in DTLA
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Los Angeles, CA
Data System Analyst
Our client is a large reputable Financial Services firm with over $100B AUM located in Downtown Los Angeles. They foster a healthy work life balance with great internal progression and excellent benefits. They are seeking a Dynamic Data & System Analyst within IT Team.
Information Technology team is seeking an individual who will provide Business and Data Analysis capabilities focused on portfolio and security analytics, investment and portfolio reporting, as well as operational process design and oversight. This individual will partner with various departments within the company and serve as a thought and change leader as we build our Enterprise Analytics platform. In partnership with the Portfolio Analytics, Risk and Reporting (PARR), operations and the investment teams, this individual will design specifications for new portfolio and security analytics, perform quality tests, oversee the development to production implementation lifecycle.
- Work with IT senior leaders, PARR, Investment Teams, Fund accounting and others to support ongoing development of client's Enterprise Analytics suite;
- Collaborate with the investment teams, PARR and other internal partners to draw up formal specifications for portfolio and security analytics;
- Take ownership of all aspects of software development including specifications, testing, debugging, roll-out (including user training), documentation, and maintenance;
- Design and implement operational processes to monitor the accuracy and timeliness of data flows, analytics calculators and report outputs;
- Troubleshoot and resolve production related issues arising from missed or problematic data feeds, inaccuracies related to calculations, and report output discrepancies;
- Write reports using off the shelf and proprietary tools (and manage the development of new reports with stakeholders);
- Deliver reports or self-service tools to internal and external stakeholders;
- Enhance and evolve company's broader data and reporting environment.
Skills and Experience required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience at an asset management company, investment/portfolio analytics software vendor, investment/portfolio analytics consultancy, or other related financial services company working with credit products in an analytical capacity;
- Must have a working knowledge of security analytics for bonds, leveraged loans(Bank Debt), convertible securities, options and structured products;
- Foundation in investment finance concepts and familiarity with credit instruments, investment performance, closed-end funds, open-end funds and Fund Accounting;
- Ability to quarterback assigned projects to resolution, seeking guidance and escalating issues as appropriate;
- Comfortable and capable of working with product specialists, vendors, portfolio managers, and senior management to understand and define reporting requirements;
- Expertise in investment platforms, systems, operations, data flows, and processes, as it relates to alternative asset management and the investment lifecycle in general, is a major plus;
- Experience using SQL, Python, C#, and MS Visual Studio preferred. An interest or experience in Machine Learning/AI/Deep Learning algorithms and investment financial models a plus;
- Experience building reports in business intelligence tools such as Microsoft BI or other industry wide tools is a plus;
- Advanced knowledge in Excel and Macro-VBA programming is a plus;
- Experience working with Global Teams is an added advantage.
- Outstanding initiative and a strong work ethic;
- Ability to operate independently on short and long term goals;
- Analytical with a keen focus on quality and accuracy;
- Interest and desire to learn and stay updated via research on latest techniques, trends, products, offerings;
- Detail-oriented and natural problem solver; have the ability to independently research problems and offer solutions;
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects with differing priorities to meet deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to leverage firm wide resources in an effective and judicious manner;
- Team-oriented, perpetual learner and must possess strong integrity and professionalism and share the company' common goal of excellence.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required with a major in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Economics, Finance or another related field.
- CFA/FRM candidates will be given viewed favorably, as will anyone who at least demonstrates and an interest – though not a requirement.
Tuesday, March 9, 2021
up to $150K+Bonus