Sr. Accountant (VC/PE/REIT req'd & CPA preferred) for Global Fortune 500 Firm
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Los Angeles, CA
Senior Accountant [SEC & PE Financial Reporting]
Our Client is a global Fortune 500 firm headquartered in Los Angeles. They are seeking a dynamic and driven Senior Accountant to join their elite corporate private equity team. The Sr. Accountant will focus on SEC Reporting and stand-alone Private Equity reporting.
Position Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Fully Remote during Pandemic with Remote Flexibility Post (will accommodate hybrid 2 days in office/3 days remote/WFH); Office can be Downtown LA or Century City
- Prepare month-end and quarter-end reporting deliverables, including investments roll forward, capitalization file, and financial reporting package.
- Generate invoices in the revenue system and bill invoices to joint venture partners.
- Review legal and professional services invoices and prepare monthly accruals.
- Review project expenses and determine amounts eligible for expense reimbursement by joint venture partners.
- Manage relationship with joint venture partners and obtain financial statements and other required filings.
- Maintain and update SOX 404 process narratives.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Finance, Treasury, Asset Management, Legal, and Tax Departments.
- Provide supporting documentation to Audit Services Group to evidence the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls to satisfy internal audit inspections.
- Prepare technical accounting memos for transactional purchases or sales of investments in accordance with applicable U.S. GAAP.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements and footnote disclosures for stand-alone private equity funds.
- Review disclosure requirements and update segment disclosures in 10-Q/K.
- Liaise with external auditor, manage PBC request listing, and submit supporting documentation and other deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related field from an accredited four-year university
- 4+ years of combined relevant audit/accounting experience preferably within Private Equity [PE], Venture Capital, Asset Management [REIT] funds, etc.
- 2+ year of experience in the PE | VC | REIT industry is required
- 2+ years of experience at Big 4 or Tier 2 large national public accounting firm is a plus, NOT required
- CPA or on track to becoming CPA in the state of California preferred
- Knowledgeable of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting requirements, including SOX 404 preferred
- Working knowledge of key systems and applications, such as BlackLine, Oracle, Microsoft Office Suite, and TM1/Cognos.
- Strong research, analytical, quantitative, and critical thinking skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate cross-functionally;
- Must be able to identify and implement process improvements;
- Ability to manage individual workload and prioritize tasks in multiple workstreams
Wednesday, August 11, 2021
up to $105K DOE