Accounting Manager [100% Remote] for large publicly traded REIT/Asset Management Company
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- New York, NY
Job Title: Accounting Manager
Location: 100% Remote, post pandemic as well
Our Client has over $30+ billion AUM, diversified leading global real estate and investment | REIT management firm with more than 500 employees in offices located across 18 cities in ten countries.
The Accounting Manager position will manage the daily accounting department activities to ensure that financial and operating reports are timely and accurately reflect the condition of our global operating companies. This position will also serve as the liaison between our team of domestic and foreign Controllers.
- Ensure financial reports including sub-schedules are accurate, well written, timely, and consistent with GAAP.
- Review monthly financial statements for the multiple domestic and foreign operating companies
- Supervise and review the monthly closing process
- Prepare and update consolidated financial statements.
- Oversee financial and management reports presenting operating results
- Monitor daily cash balances and effectively manage and communicate cash flow related issues.
- Assist in overseeing global budgeting and consolidated financial reporting for offices in North America, Europe, and Asia
- Review and approve corporate invoices
- Understand and review corporate G&A and transactions with affiliates such as fee income, cost reimbursements and deal costs allocations
- Assist with financial audits
- Identify problem areas and assist in finding and implementing solutions
- Analyze and report variances to operating budgets and prior period
- Provide supervision, training, and development of staff
- Perform other duties as requested by management
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of related work experience with a combination of public accounting and private industry experience in financial services
- 2+ years of progressive Manager responsibility
- A solid understanding of accounting, finance, and operations within a global corporate accounting environment
- Proven success in managing staff
- Foreign currency and International experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills including financial accounting systems (Yardi) and Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to convey information and ideas clearly
- Strong work ethic with a desire to continue professional development
- Advanced analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet deadlines
Tuesday, August 31, 2021
up to $125K + 15/20% Bonus