Sr. HR Generalist for reputable Global Professional Services firm
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Los Angeles, CA
Candidates must have experience leading and managing Employee Relations Investigations from inception to completion. Please only apply if you have 3+ years of this experience with large corporations with 1000+ employees.
Position: Sr. Human Resources Generalist
Salary: up to $100K + bonus
Our Client, a global professional services firm located in DTLA is seeking Senior Human Resources Generalist to join their team.
The company offers a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Benefits include healthcare, life and disability insurance, flex spending accounts, a 401k plan, etc.,10 paid holidays, and a PTO program that accrues 20+ days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
Scope of Responsibilities:
The Senior Human Resources Generalist will contribute expertise to providing a variety of human resources services for attorneys, paralegals and staff, including staff and paralegal timekeeping and associated payroll processing, policy interpretation and implementation and employee relations. The Senior Human Resources Generalist is also responsible for administering and providing guidance and education to attorneys, staff and paralegals on the firm's health, welfare and retirement plans, as well as communicating policies and procedures to the office while accomplishing these and other critical functions:
- Coordinating orientation schedules of staff new hires and leading orientation for all new hires. Developing programs within the office to facilitate new employee integration during the first year of employment to meet firm's objectives for new hire retention.
- Researching appropriate resources to meet local training and development needs for staff and implementing training solutions with the Human Resources Manager.
- Collaborating with the department to assist with the performance review process, scheduling secretarial coverage, and conducting exit interviews.
- Partnering with the Talent Management department on office recruiting, assisting in drafting and editing job descriptions, and performing reference checks for new hires.
- Managing timekeeping activities for the office including following up with managers and supervisors to ensure all timecards are approved, answering routine questions about timekeeping and Kronos, and ensuring FLSA standards are met.
- Acting as a point of contact in the office for questions regarding Paid Time Off (PTO), PTO accrual policies, how they are applied in Kronos, and the annual PTO sellback process.
- Acting as a point of contact for human resources questions from attorneys, paralegals and staff in the office. Understanding a majority of the human resources policies of the firm and displaying the ability to answer most questions independently. Using appropriate judgment to route complex questions and issues to appropriate resources and following-up to ensure the issue is resolved in a timely manner.
- Acting as a point of contact in the office for questions regarding firm benefits. Understanding benefits eligibility rules for all health, welfare, and retirement benefits. Answering the majority of benefits questions from attorneys, paralegals, and staff, and using appropriate resources in the Global Benefits and Global Retirement Benefits department as needed.
- Serving as a mentor to junior staff of the Human Resources department, providing guidance and support as appropriate.
- Promoting the value added benefits of the firm within the office with a goal of increasing participation (e.g., Pre-Tax Transportation, Retirement, etc). Planning health & wellness events for the office on a regular basis throughout the year in concert with the Global Benefits Department.
- Maintaining relationships with key departments in the office and the firm including the local Attorney Recruiting Department, Global Benefits department, the Global Human Resources department, the appropriate regional Payroll Department and local resources from the Associates & Paralegal committees.
- Assisting with special projects on various local/global benefit issues as needed.
- Promoting effective work practices, working as a team member, and showing respect for co-workers.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of HR Generalist/Manager experience. Open on industry with a preference for professional services.
- 6+ years of relevant human resources experience in a legal or professional services environment may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the terms and conditions of US health and welfare plans and knowledge of compensation and benefits practices are required.
- HRIS experience is required, PeopleSoft and Kronos Timekeeper a plus.
- Strong organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills.
Thursday, April 30, 2020
up to $100K (flex DOE)+ bonus