Corporate Accounting Manager for large Fiancial Services firm based in Los Anageles
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Los Angeles, CA
Accounting Manager - Corporate Accounting
Our client is a large reputable Financial Services firm with over $100B AUM located in Downtown Los Angeles |DTLA. They foster a healthy work life balance with great internal progression and excellent benefits. They are seeking for an Experience and Dynamic Corporate Accounting Manager who will be joining their Corporate Team.
They offer exceptional Benefits including 401K matching, Generous PTO | Holidays, Growth | Succession Planning opportunity. They are working 100% remote until further notice and no pressure to return to the office; however, it's open for use at 25% capacity.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- The Corporate Accounting Department is seeking an Accounting Manager with a focus on corporate accounting, operations, and management reporting.
- Responsible for all operational aspects of the Company’s management company entities, including the review of daily cash transactions and posting activity, cash reconciliations, accounts receivable and payables and G&A expense analysis;
- Participate in monthly management accounting responsibilities and analysis of PnL and Balance Sheet, including compensation and benefits, employee loans, fixed assets, and interest and dividend income;
- Prepare financial calculations and account analyses, including supporting schedules on a monthly and quarterly basis;
- Assist with consolidation process, including intercompany transactions, account reconciliations, and elimination process;
- Maintain the Company’s chart of accounts. Ensure compliance, provide training and maintain changes to policy;
- Assist in maintaining and enhancing financial systems, including the general ledger and consolidation system;
- Identify and implement process improvement initiatives and prepare ad hoc financial analyses as required for monthly management reporting;
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors in annual audits and quarterly reviews; and,
- Perform certain key internal control processes.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field (and/or equivalent experience). CPA or MBA required.
- 5-10 years’ experience in accounting, preferably 3+ years public accounting preferably from Big 4 or Tier 2 National CPA firm;
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP accounting, operations, account analysis, and management reporting;
- Excellent understanding of business operations and linkage to accounting in order to initiate and lead process improvements and documentation of standard operating procedures;
- Solid analytical skills and ability to understand and resolve complex problems;
- Specific experience with BPC and Workday systems a plus; and,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel (Pivot Table, Vlookup, Macros VBA helpful)
- Must have great organizational skills and be able to handle complicated work efficiently and effectively;
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative, ask questions, detect problems and provide solutions;
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage time across competing activities/resources and manage projects/processes under tight deadlines;
- Attention to detail and ability to analyze data and problem solve;
- Must be a team player with strong work ethic; and a self starter
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Saturday, April 17, 2021
Market Pay + Bonus