Director of Accounting
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- San Dimas, CA
Our client is a rapidly growing medical testing and community health company in San Dimas. They are seeking a Director of Accounting
This role will be responsible for providing technical accounting guidance and interpretations to the accounting organization, determining the accounting for complex transactions, liaising with external auditors on technical accounting matters, leading the implementation of new accounting pronouncements and managing the company’s equity plan. This role also provides advisory service to our client’s senior management, businesses and other constituents on complex accounting matters. In addition, the role leads technical accounting training for our client’s finance organization.
This is a full-time on-site role.
- Provide technical accounting guidance and recommendations to finance department and senior management, principally documented through position papers and related presentations.
- Advise on the accounting for complex areas such as purchase accounting, revenue recognition, stock-based compensation, leases, goodwill and intangible assets.
- Analyze complex and non-routine accounting issues. Prepare analysis and recommendations and coordinate with management and external auditors to arrive at sound accounting conclusions.
- Work closely with external auditors to ensure that policies address US GAAP and controls requirements.
- Work with external auditors in addressing accounting issues and assist in the support of annual audits and quarterly and other interim reviews.
- Manage the company’s cap table and equity plan based in Shareworks
- Review all new accounting pronouncements and work closely with the management to assess impact to company. Lead the implementation of new accounting standards across the Company.
- Assist in preparation of audit disclosures.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, business administration or related field and CPA Certification required
- Master's degree in accounting or business administration a plus
- 4+ plus years' experience in public accounting (big four manager-level experience preferred) and/or public company experience in technical accounting (director-level preferred).
- Shareworks equity compensation software experience preferred
- Prior experience with NetSuite ERP System a plus
- Efficient communication and ability to work in a fast pace, team environment
- Strong computer Excel skills
Thursday, April 22, 2021