Sr. Pricing Manager for growing 3PL, Warehouse/Distribution company
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- El Segundo, CA
Sr. Pricing Manager Job Description
Our client is a growing third-party logistics (3PL) company with decades of experience in Warehousing, Distribution, Consolidation and Transportation. They are looking for talented professionals who can help them stand at the forefront of the logistics industry today.
- They are looking for a seasoned professional and influencer to join the organization who can lead their North American pricing process in a collaborative manner. The right person will be a trusted partner to Operations and Finance who will drive the process of determining and setting prices to gain market share, achieve revenue goals and grow the profit margin. This role will require a strong understanding of pricing strategy, excellent modeling and analytical skills and experience collaborating across Operations leadership, Sales and Marketing, IT and Engineering.
- Responsible for the pricing models and providing pricing direction & advice to securing new business and maintaining existing business
- Works closely with and communicates with Operations leadership, Sales and Marketing, IT, Engineering, and stakeholders to develop and implement competitive pricing strategies
- Lead and facilitator for pricing meetings
- Analyze data related in order to calculate return on investment metrics such as return on investment (IRR %), net present value (NPV), net cash flow, and payback period
- Scrutinize and assess customer provided data in order to develop insights into pricing strategies
- Analyze competitor pricing, assess market share, margins, and profitability, and track customer engagement
- Use a variety of statistical modeling methods to prepare reports that show the potential impact of various pricing strategies and their effect on margins
- Recommend pricing strategies that align closely with active market trends and based on the analysis of internal and external data
- Develop pricing tools to be used throughout the company to more quickly respond to changing market needs or trends
- Create, prepare and distribute reports related to KPI metrics and financial metrics to measure the efficiency and profitability of this business
- Monitor the results of pricing decisions by evaluating the expected pricing model performance in relation to the steady state actual profit margins
- Coordinate and facilitate the achievement of budgeted price increases for the annual plan
- Spearhead pricing initiatives and strategy as the business dictates it, such as product line seasonal surcharges
- Utilize data to assist with forecasting revenue and market share information
- Position is full time and on site
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, business, accounting, finance or related field required
- MBA preferred
- 7+ years of experience in pricing analytics or in-depth financial analysis
- Strategic and hands-on. Person can understand pricing/operations strategy but is capable of leveraging systems and perform advanced modeling with limited supervision.
- Prefer experience in logistics, distribution, warehousing, transportation, or manufacturing
- Experience working in a fast-paced organization, entrepreneurial environment
- Not afraid to speak their mind
- Strong communication skills; verbal and written
- Advanced computer skills, are there preferences for particular systems, e.g. Microsoft Excel, NetSuite, Anaplan, Power BI
Thursday, April 29, 2021
up to $120K +B (DOE)