Brand | Product | Category Manager | Consultant [can be Remote] for growing CPG | Food Manufacturing | Distribution company
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Monrovia, CA
Brand | Product | Category Manager | Consultant
Our client is a Food Manufacturer that has aggressive growth strategies. The Brand Product Manager role is open due to an internal promotion. They are open to considering Direct Hire (if currently employed), Temp to Hire, OR just Interim|Consulting role depending on fit and if within budget. Company HQ and this role is based in Monrovia, CA with Remote working flexibility, Hybrid or Remote w/ travels to HQ depending on how far you live.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing as Brand Manager, you will be leading the management of one or more of our categories. This role requires key leadership in marketing activities including the development and launch growth initiatives, new products and product and packaging optimization, building and updating brand reviews, supporting customer presentations, forecasting, analyzing market performance data, P&L management, SKU rationalization, project management and the development and execution of marketing plans. You will also collaborate with, and often lead cross-functional teams (Sales, R&D, Finance, Business Intelligence, Regulatory and Packaging, etc.) on initiatives and participate on a cross-category team.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Category leadership in planning and executing marketing plans for category/segment within the Company and the associated budget through:
- Drive programing to achieve expected category growth and profitability
- Understanding brand equity and competitive advantage
- Identifying category opportunities and white space
- Assisting with the management of Managing brand positioning
- Packaging development and project management
- Manage elements of the marketing mix – potentially including Advertising, promotion, and public relations -Shopper marketing (consumption, promotion, merchandising development)
- Evaluating results of marketing programs and making recommendations
- Anticipate, identify, and analyze consumer and market trends and opportunities to maximize Cacique's competitive position.
- Develop a keen understanding of the Consumer, Customer and Competition as well as a complete understanding of the brand and individual SKU performance in the market. This includes analysis of multiple data sources. Key activities include:
- Data analysis to understand category/SKU results and trends, competitive performance, and consumption trends
- Turn data into actionable insights to improve brand performance
- Sales and customer interaction to understand customer needs and opportunities
- Sourcing and sharing competitive intelligence
- Recommend and work with the Consumer Insights Manager to conduct needed marketing research
Partnering with executive leadership, lead or assist in the development, maintenance, and overall management of the category to maximize sales growth and profit potential including:
- Launch of new products and line extensions (in collaboration with the Innovation and R&D Teams)
- Renovation of existing products (also in collaboration with the Innovation and R&D Teams)
- SKU rationalization
- Pricing review and recommendations
- Ownership of MAPS – Merchandising, Assortment, Pricing, and Shelving strategy (work with the Sales Planning)
Understand the category budgets and business plan objectives through ongoing tracking and analysis including:
- Review of product, customer, and category plans to manage financial return of the category/brand
- Analyze financial impact of new products and product improvements
- Lead brand reviews with company leadership
Strategic and Process Acumen
Lead the development of category strategies and plans including:
- Lead development of the strategic plan and annual operating plan for the category
- Prepare for and participate in ongoing joint sales & marketing planning process
- Participate in the development of the annual marketing plan for the category
Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field required, Master’s preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a category/brand management role.
- Command of understanding and interpreting syndicated data from IRI or Nielsen
- Ability to understand brand architecture and drive growth.
- Demonstrated financial skills to include analysis.
- Solid communication skills to include verbal and written capabilities, strong presentation ability.
- Experience in the food industry is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, taking initiative, and delivering results.
- Chanel the entrepreneur spirit and have a growth mind set.
- Ability to collaborate with the teams
- Ability to be an engaged and contributing member of the Company culture
- A strong desire to win as a team
- Ability to lead and facilitate key customer interactions.
- Demonstrated success in managing and directing change.
- Ability to influence others through analysis and presentation.
- Strong PC proficiency to include Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) preferred
- Travel required. May be up to 25%.
Wednesday, June 9, 2021
Market Pay DOE