Corporate Assistant Controller [Hybrid/Flex 2 days Remote] for established and growing privately held company
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- North Hollywood, CA
Corporate Assistant Controller
This can be a Hybrid/Flex 2 days Remote/3 days in Office role. Local candidates only.
A well established privately held Entertainment client on the growth mode by sound acquisitions is seeking a Dynamic, Confident and Well Rounded Corporate Assistant Controller to join their tenured team.
Work with Corporate Controller to maximize return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
Assist the Corporate Controller in training, supervising, managing and evaluating Accounting staff, including monitoring current job duties and responsibilities.
The Assistant Corporate Controller is responsible for assisting the Corporate Controller in the accounting operations of the company, consolidated financial reporting, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy and completeness of all financial or disclosure documents, and ensure that reported results comply with U.S. GAAP.
Summary of Duties:
Managing Processes, Financial & Reporting Software, Developing Standards, Audit, Accounting, Corporate Finance, Tracking Budget Expenses, Financial Skills, Analyzing Information, Developing Budgets, Performance Management.
- Provide strong financial leadership/analysis to enhance management problem solving, and decision-making to maximize long-term profitability.
- Oversee and coordinate monthly close process, and assist in ensuring that all accounting and processing is in accordance with established legal, regulatory and corporate procedures
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary entities; including control systems, transaction-processing operations, policies and procedures
- Oversee preparation of interim and annual financial statements.
- Direct the development of timely, effective financial analysis (monthly as well as long term) of all facets of the Company’s business operations and provide recommendations to key managers on areas of opportunity and operational direction.
- Prepare and issue timely and accurate monthly/quarterly/annual financial reports
- Assist with Payroll and Benefits Administration
- Oversee Fixed Asset ledgers and maintenance including capital projects and property taxes
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Maintain and develop an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the department’s objectives
- Take a proactive approach in developing and communicating to key stake holders opportunities to improve Company’s operations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of business information systems to improve Company business performance.
- Assess the financial implications of new accounting pronouncements; issue assessment of implications
- Able to analyze, organize, summarize and articulate complex legal and financial information
- Able to read and interpret agreements, then implement the relevant provisions of these agreements
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting and regulatory requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field; CPA and/or MBA a plus but not required
- 7+ years of strong Corporate Accounting experience required with a background in public accounting helpful
- 5+ years of payroll and benefits processing and/or administration experience
- Strong MS Office skills (Power Point, Excel and Word) is required
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work in a team environment
- Can lead the accounting team and build credibility with the senior executive team
- Adept in the management of change, with the ability to diagnose problems, build relationships internally and externally, set a leadership agenda, and implement solutions
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse operations, accounting and finance teams, foster positive and cooperative relationships within and outside the organization.
- Operates at the highest level of professionalism and personal integrity
- Credibility, ethical, full disclosure and clean financial history
- Good GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
- Understands the ethical standards of a CPA
- Confidentiality on strategic business decisions
- Ability to handle payroll and maintain confidentiality that are associated with this responsibility
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product
- Accountable for specific performance
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner
- Able to handle multiple tasks and maintain control and order
- Exceptional work ethic
- Detailed, organized and communicative understanding, yet persuasive and decisive when dealing with others in the organization
- Responsive team player with ability to quickly prioritize among numerous pressing tasks
- Task and goal oriented and capable of functioning in an entrepreneurial and corporate setting
- Successful track record of increasing responsibility in financial and accounting positions.
Wednesday, September 29, 2021
Market Pay DOE