Senior Financial Analyst for division of large publicly traded Aerospace & Defence Manufacturing company
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Valencia, CA
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
Reporting to the Manager of Finance, the Senior Financial Analyst determines and implements cost accounting procedures and methods and aids in various types of proposals for development and production contracts. In addition, the Sr. FA supports government audits and negotiations with customers.
- Ensure the accuracy of the balance sheet inventory value compared to perpetual inventory data, and reconcile inventory related accounts on a monthly basis;
- Organize and execute the annual cost rolls for multiple plants;
- Maintain system standards for labor and burden rates, outside processing, and purchased items;
- Develops and implements processes and procedures to ensure correct recording of actual labor times;
- Monitor compliance with cycle count policy;
- Calculate and maintain inventory values including inventory reserves;
- Preparation of budget versus actual expense reports.
- Research and prepare cost estimates for new part requirements.
- Research manufacturing variances and update standards as needed.
- Will be required to perform other job duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Work with other functions from across the company to understand and evaluate the labor, material and other direct costs associated with proposed contracts and the associated program;
- Utilize company estimating and pricing programs and tools;
- Collects cost data from functional representatives, subcontractors, and vendors and computes cost estimates based on functional inputs;
- Identifies actionable recommendations for enhancing financial performance and affordability;
- Document and track historical cost data for use in developing estimates and present findings in clear and concise way to management;
- Offers support throughout the life of proposal including responding to requests for information and offering inputs to provide clarity during negotiations.
- Bachelor's degree required with strong preference for Accounting, Finance, Business Administration;
- Attainment or working towards a professional accounting designation preferred;
- 5-7 years of related experience preferably in a manufacturing, defense or high technology environment;
- Knowledge of and/or experience with federal proposal regulations including but not limited to: FAR, DFAR, TINA
- Excellent technical ability, including ability to work with integrated ERP systems preferably SAP expertise;
- Basic working knowledge of the ProPricer is desired but not required;
- Thorough understanding of general and cost accounting principles and practices;
- Must be able to work with Excel/Word and PowerPoint;
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written);
- Able to work effectively as part of a team, ability to work with cross-functional teams and to train staff to follow procedures and use system tools;
- Ability to develop and write procedures, as well as experience with cost analysis and audits to recommend process improvements;
- Excellent analytical skills to collect data, understand significance, explain issues, and recommend solutions;
- Ability to embrace change with enthusiasm for continuous improvement.
- Some travel may be required.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Friday, July 9, 2021
Market Pay + Bonus