Sales Manager [Hybrid work schedule] for large Food Production| Distribution Company
Vertical Careers, Inc.
- Chatsworth, CA
Sales Manager- Food Production| Distribution
*Hybrid work schedule available
Our client is a large Food Production | Distribution Company with locations throughout the United States. They are growing and seeking an experienced and dynamic Sales Manager to expand their Sales & Marketing Team. The incumbent will be responsible for maintaining sales & marketing activities.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Maintain customer relationships with existing customers and channels through customer meetings, site visits, etc. to meet sales projections set by the Company
- Prepare forecast and monthly, quarterly, and annual sales report to the top management
- Relay customer and consumer feedback to inner teams, i.e., R&D, Production, Quality ,etc.
- Update R&D team on a variety of food trends to create new SKUs and improve existing recipes
- Being a key member of weekly/monthly sensory tasting to provide instant feedback on product quality
- Participate in nation-wide food shows to approach business opportunities with prospects
- Assist VP of Sales and Marketing to implement new sales initiatives
- Oversee hiring, training, coaching, and disciplinary actions of department staff and/or contract staff
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required, Sales and Marketing major is highly preferred.
- Minimum 10 years experience with proven track record of leadership in a sales organization/business unit in the food industry
- Working knowledge of sales cycles according to customer types, i.e., retailers, wholesalers, food services, etc.
- Prior experience with Asian Ethnic retailers and wholesaler preferred
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with individuals at all levels within the company and customers
- Ability to rapidly adapt to changing business needs and priorities
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout assigned sales territory domestically and/or internationally as needed
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Google Apps
Wednesday, September 22, 2021
up to $85K + Bonus (DOE)